Hello everyone, I'm new here..I'm 28 from Philippines.. We want to move in Ecuador.. Any suggestions which place in Ecuador is the best to live?

You would need a permanent residency visa in order to live in Ecuador. The stickied post at the top of the forum page, " New online Ecuador guide" has visa information.

https://www.expat.com/en/guide/south-am … uador.html

Often however, official Ecuador government websites do not work including some of the links on that page,  making visa research difficult.

Good luck in your endeavors.

Myrna7 wrote:

Hello everyone, I'm new here..I'm 28 from Philippines.. We want to move in Ecuador.. Any suggestions which place in Ecuador is the best to live?

Most Expats prefer places where the Equatorial heat is at its lowest, or can be moderated.

For instance, the beach towns.  In particular, Salinas (a tourist town) and Bahia de Caraques are popular.  The beaches typically get a breeze and offer aquatic activities.

The highlands cities of Quito, the capital, and Cuenca, considered by many the cultural capital of Ecuador -- and towns nearby those cities -- are also favorites with Expats.

Loja is becoming more popular, and Vilcabamba, about 25 miles away and also in southern Ecuadors's highlands, are drawing interest.

Avoid Guayaquil:  unsafe, hot, no beaches.

cccmedia in Quito

Thank you very much I appreciate your suggestions☺☺☺

Thank you..I guess we have to visit Ecuador first for one month or so..

Myrna7 wrote:

Thank you..I guess we have to visit Ecuador first for one month or so....

Make it two months and I'll have my frutera throw in a mango as a yapa (freebie).

If you fly into Guayaquil, head straight to the Pacific Coast, which is about an hour-and-a-half by ground transportation.

If you fly into Quito, visit the capital and the slightly lower-altitude suburbs.
The latter, for instance Cumbaya, have warmer temps and outdoor swimming.  Quito itself is about 68 degrees F. year-round (daily highs).

cccmedia in Quito

I would agree with ccc in general, but someone from Dumaguete would likely find the climate in Guayaquil almost identical to what you are used to. Some of the other coastal cities might be the same, or a bit cooler. A Pinay, such as yourself, might find the highland cities (Quito, Cuenca, etc) too be excessively cold, while most people from the US (such as me) or Europe, think they are very pleasant climates.

In any case, there are other factors than climate, and you appear to be planning a wise course in looking around for a month or so before deciding. Good luck with your choice.

Bob knows his Philippines weather, but I don't see the point in moving half-way around the world for more of the same:  high 80's to 90 most of the year with high humidity.

I visited Cebu, baked and schvitzed for two weeks, and would never go back.

The valleys around Quito are warm and inviting, but without the obscene temperatures.

cccmedia in Quito

BobH and CCCMEDIA have been to the Philippines, are good sources for comparison.  You should note I only even heard of one Filipina, in Quito, in all of Ecuador.  You may get lonely for the old folks at home.  Most Filipinas would find most all of the non-coastal climates as cold, like the mountains on Luzon.  Come and see for yourself.

cccmedia wrote:

Bob knows his Philippines weather, but I don't see the point in moving half-way around the world for more of the same:  high 80's to 90 most of the year with high humidity.

Nor did I. When I was first planning my move to Ecuador from the Philippines, Guayaquil was the first place I crossed off my list -- for exactly that reason. But then, neither you nor I were born to that weather. My late wife, a Filipina, never fully adjusted to US weather, even after 20+ years.

cccmedia wrote:

I was in Cebu City for sixteen months, and it did not improve with time, I assure you.

Dumaguete, which is very near to the island of Cebu, just across a narrow strait, has a practically identical climate. If Myrna is looking for something like home, then Guayaquil or one of the other coastal cities might well suit her. I agree with you, of course, that there might be other reasons for choosing to avoid Guayaquil.

BobH wrote:
cccmedia wrote:

Nor did I. When I was first planning my move to Ecuador from the Philippines, Guayaquil was the first place I crossed off my list -- for exactly that reason. But then, neither you nor I were born to that weather. My late wife, a Filipina, never fully adjusted to US weather, even after 20+ years.

cccmedia wrote:

I was in Cebu City for sixteen months, and it did not improve with time, I assure you.

Dumaguete, which is very near to the island of Cebu, just across a narrow strait, has a practically identical climate. If Myrna is looking for something like home, then Guayaquil or one of the other coastal cities might well suit her. I agree with you, of course, that there might be other reasons for choosing to avoid Guayaquil.

Cogent! :top:

I read your comments that you lived in Cebu before and now you live in Ecuador what you prefer and why?

Myrna7 wrote:

I read your comments that you lived in Cebu before and now you live in Ecuador what you prefer and why?

The list would be long and I would risk insulting your (and my late wife's) country, so I'll just hit a few main points.

-- Weather, ccc and I discussed, but you probably feel differently about it. Ecuador (for the most part) has cooler and far less humid weather. And no typhoons.
-- Infrastructure. Ecuador (Quito, at least) has better streets and sidewalks; better phone, electric, and internet service; better public transportation (not hard to do since Cebu had no buses, only jeepneys); pretty much better everything.
-- Physical beauty of the city. Quito is almost unsurpassed in this regard (the only city I've visited that can compare is Prague). This is a bit unfair to the Philippines, since large parts of some cities (especially Manila) were destroyed in World War 2, but the fact remains that there are few beautiful buildings in the cities I've visited (Basilica de Santo Nino is an exception) in the Philippines -- Quito is overflowing with them.

Both countries have great coastal features -- I learned to scuba dive in Moalboal, very near you, and loved the coral reefs; and I had a great time swimming with the whale sharks at Oslob. Ecuador also has beaches (I suspect the waters are less warm, but I don't know), and the Galapagos, plus the awesome Andes.

On the downside -- both countries have earthquakes and volcanoes (Ecuador more of the latter).

Overall, it's not even close -- Ecuador is much, much better.

Bob

PS: A big downside is what Mugtech mentioned. You will not find many other Filipinas in Ecuador. My wife, in the US, very much enjoyed having friends around her with whom she could speak her own language (Tagalog in her case), share memories, and -- especially -- cook favorite foods. You would not have that in Ecuador. I doubt there's a lumpia wrapper in the whole country.

Thank you Mr Bob for that very informative answer it really help me a lot..Now i have to think many times and decide if i really want to move because as you told me i cant find many filipina there.

Myrna7 wrote:

Thank you Mr Bob for that very informative answer it really help me a lot..Now i have to think many times and decide if i really want to move because as you told me i cant find many filipina there.

No lumpia = no fun