Final Salary and Bank Closure

My contract has been terminated by Aramco and I fly back home on the 5th March.

Should I keep my bank account open to receive my salary by transfer at the end of the month (1 March) or should I close it and accept a cheque from my company....?

If my salary is paid into my account, can I exchange everything into Dollars when I close my account and withdraw the money....?

hi there!

the best way is receiving the salary through bank transfer and then withdraw the money, use a money exchange to send the money to your hometown bank account (you dont want to be carrying  dollars along with you when you travel) and once your done you could close your account.

good luck

T&R

Thanks for the reply.

Why isn't it good to carry dollars with me when travelling from Saudi back to my home country ?

It's always advised to carry a cheque :D

Customs might have a check on the cash you're carrying :)

Hi

Do you know where I can exchange Riyals for Dollars......?

Any bank , would do that !

Exchange counters at the airport !
They might give you a high exchange rate !

This is a famous currency exchange center in Dammam !
Open this post on Dammam forum :-  Currency Exchange Dammam

Thanks for the information

Will they cash a cheque that's in Riyal at the airport....?

if the bank is available at the airport they would, BUT again just as advised by gunner757 :about not to carry cash when you travel (referring to customs)

Hi

Can you please elaborate on the carrying of cash and customs please ?

There are specific county rules regarding how much cash you could carry along with you when you travel, so you may have to check it whats the limit, if you exceed the limit and then customs find out about the same, you may be have to pay fine or criminal offense (some strict countries)