What airline you prefer when traveling from or to D.R.? Why?

Please elaborate on your answer.  Something like which one is more flexible in all aspects like modifications in your travel dates, affordable price, baggage allowance, customer service etc..

All your answers could help others in choosing the right airline

Thank you in advance for your time ☺

Delta.

Jet Blue......First bag flies Free :cool:

To the north coast they all screw you.  Fares are  much hihger to POP then anywhere else in the country.  The two of us can fly cheaper to Miami or New York from Santiago, pay $100 for the cab to home and still save money.

So No vavorite especially to Miami as American is your choice and they certainly take advantage of that.

Bob K

Yes. American has paid off people so that from Florida they are the only choice to Puerta  Plata.   You can fly to S.D. w/ RT for less than $300, but it is almost $900 to POP on American !!  The D. R. Gov should look into this as it cuts down the number of tourists coming to the north shore.   But then again, who knows exactly where the money ends up?

Gypsy which airline is RT??? Just wondering. Thanks.

RETURN   TRIP !!!

JaJaJa Thanks Gypsy I was busting my brain trying to figure out what airline was RT :cool:

Gypsey you need to be careful what you say publicly. You cannot be accusing any airline of that kind of thing.  Does it happen - no idea.  Is that what is going on? No idea.  BUT you cannot say it publicly!

Why can't he say it publicly? It's just an opinion. Everyone has one :)

When there's a monopoly on a route, and the price is high, It's easy to come to that conclusion. Then again, it could be higher airport fees for airlines to use that airport and that's why the airline has to charge more money for the flights.

IT basically comes down to GREED

Bob K

But there is greed everywhere, I think the particular deal with high POP airline fares and American's hold there has a particular odor and specific corruption, kick back smell to it.

Gosh American, I thought you were paying such high wages to your employees that no other airline could match them.   Therefore,  no one  else  will work that airport unless it is for you. Your employees I mean,  not the other airport workers.   So to quote the "Big Book",  "If thine eye offends thee, pluck it out".   And yes,  it is an opinion widely shared, that I expressed, not an accusation.   I sincerely hope that I have now expunged my sins.    Comments?

Not sure if this is exactly "on topic", but my husband and I are interested in opening a flight school for private pilots on north shore and maybe a intra-island flight service...we've noticed too that flights to puj are half as much as to pop...do you guys see a need for that?

Definitely do the research. But i am going to say yes. A few weeks ago I caught two express buses from puj to sosua it was a painful 10 hour trip. I will fly or at least try to in the future. If not just do it overr a couple of days. Which i did going from el Cibao to puj.  Please do the research. I am going to believe that market is under-served. It can be a good deal at the right price, Let's say $60-$200. U.S. or EUROS. Set up like an Uber service. Shared flight service or a charter.  I would guess sti to puj is under -served as well. Buena fortuna. Keep me posted. Safe travels.

With all the government red tape and payoffs it will not be an ease task.

Do your research.

Bob K

In this country, public false accusations can get you a lawsuit for defamation of character etc. so as my lawyer tells me.  If you have proof of what you are saying, then you are free to say what you want.  I always make sure to have lots of it...lol,  proof that is.  Opinions here seem to be "not so free and easy".  However, under the International human rights act signed by the Dominican Government, I and only my opinion, think you are free to say what you want, even publicly.  Make sure you have studied the HR act before you quote it though.

Ok Mike what does this have to do with airlines you travel with???????????????????

Bob K

Sorry, I'm a little behind.   I was referring to Gypsey's opinions.  However, to get "on" topic.  I fly Westjet from Canada whenever I can.  I use a search engine to find the best price which is still outrageously high and find Westjet to be a very good airline all the way around having made more than 30 flights to the DR.  They have good PR, very few issues, free first bag, allow up to 4 full size bags per person in total at low additional cost plus 1 carry on and 1 personal item.  They have been very accommodating for me.

I hope that helps...:)