New courier Companies in Sosua.

Having recently signed up with Encargopaq in Sosua, I am starting to have doubts about using them.

Came across a load of negative comments from other customers. Looks like they used to be good but seem to have gone downhill rather badly.
Below some comments I have come across -this did not exactly inspire confidence.

But heard there are a couple of new ones in town, which appear to be pretty good. Anyone have any details about those?
-----------------------------

Enpaq -Comments from recent customers:

>Has anyone had trouble with encargo? I had a package delivered to Medley over a week ago now. The >USPS confirmed delivery but it's no where to be found at encargo. When I have asked three different >employees about it they say they can't help me because the package is gone. One employee said "there are >a lot of people in the same position as you ". Where do I go from here?

Cindy

Richard

The standard of service has deteriorated since Black friday to the point I'm thinking of changing companies. As for their tracking page, my current package has arrived in SD and Cabarete at exactly the same time.

>DAVE:
a few people have had problems yes......

>D Johnston Write it off it's been stolen.

>K.Nixon: We had a similar situation - no one at encargo could be bothered to do anything about it other than tell us that it wasn't there despite what the USPS said. We contacted the company we bought the items from and they were good enough to give us a credit, but we no longer use encargo - changed to EPS. The customer service we get there is top notch.

>D Burke: Same thing happened to us several weeks ago but as soon as we went down and mentioned it all of a sudden they had it on its way to us. Good luck.

>Passmore We had issues with Encargo Pac, my husband ended up speaking to Grace Pena in Santo Domingo to get the issue resolved. She is the Country Manager.

> Darlene, I spoke to fanny. She is the one that told me a lot of people are on the same situation. When I told her I wrote her an email the day before ....she said she gets too many emails to respond. She didn't seem to want to help at all.

>Passmore Fanny was the one that lied to us when we went in there. She also made promises over and over and didn't help us with it until we went over her head.

>Yes Jon all packaging was included. My mother sent it and I told her to include the receipt. She did. She went to the USPS and confirmed delivery and when I forwarded the receipt/confirmation to Grace she stopped responding to my emails.

>Kelly PatersonYes,,,,we have a package that we are still waiting on...said it was in Miami...then Santo Domingo..now month and a half later said it is still being delivered to Cabarate....we believe it was stolen in Santo Domingo..they say misplaced...don't think so.

>Dawn Dietl Richard, do you have an email address for Grace Pena? I have packages I've been waiting on for quite some time. Ever since Emanuel left, it's gone down hill.

>Dawn Dietl :  Thank you Jodi. I think next week I'll check some of the new places that have recently opened. It's a shame because Encargo used to be pretty good.

>Justin James:   Worst company ever !

I agree,  in the last couple of weeks they have gone down hill on roller skates.  We are still waiting on two packages that were supposed to be here last week.  If thie screw this up we too will be looking for a new shipper.

Keep us  posted on your progress.

Bob K

@Bob
yeah Bob, its a shame from what you said before, they were good once.

Well, with the amount of complaints I have seen, I think their long-term future is very much in doubt,  no one is going to risk their packages with that kind of crap performance.!
I certainly will not!

I have heard some good things from one of the new boys in town.  looking into that at the moment and will comment later.

@Bob

Further to last, I did find another company thought it was new, but apparently they've been around for quite a long time. Just surprised I never heard of them.

Well, have to say first impressions are pretty good!

I wrote to them this afternoon to make an enquiry, and it being Sunday did not expect a reply until tomorrow, however got a reply within the hour ...on a Sunday, that's impressive!

As for Enpaq that seems to be a right shambles at the moment, when I received the first Notification they moved address they stated from now names should be written as LastName- then First name- then last name again (as in “Smith John Smith”) which seemed a bit stupid to me, as this could possibly cause confusion to the sender- not to mention credit card company.

I enquired about that but just got the same crap again.  But just now received another note- all change again chaps- , now it's just the full name, as it should have been in the first place!

Seems to me they don't have a bloody clue what they are doing at the moment and they can't even get their own address system right!
I certainly will not trust them with any packages after this performance !!

So I hope this other company works out,  haven't checked their rates yet, but if they are similar, I think they are certainly worth a try,

Any company that replies to emails within the hour on a Sunday afternoon gets my vote :-)

Christ, even in the “civilised” West they don't do that !

Please keep us posted.  I am expecting two packages tomorow but  an not holding my breath

Bob K

FYI  I have used CPS for  years and never had a package lost. They are not the cheapest but they give me good service.

@Bob

I've just seen the post from Planner mentioning CPS and in fact that is the same company I have been writing to and they certainly do seem quite efficient. They are even sending a driver round today to deliver my membership.

Although do not understand why Planner said they are not the cheapest, from what I can see on their website their rates are actually not that much more than Enpaq ,  CPS rate is 3.85 and  Enpaq  was 3.80 if I recall so it is only 5 Peso more. And price is inclusive ITBIS, etc , so altogether I think a pretty good deal, if they are as efficient as they seem to be.

...... here is their website so you can check it out yourself

.http://www.cpssosuacabarete.com/400235561

And good luck  with  your  Enpaq  packages  - you may need it...maybe throw in a couple of prayers for good measure :-)

At times the prices fluctuate with tax,  gasoline surcharge and dollar exchange. BUT the service is certainly good.

We are going to stop in and talk to them tomorrow

Bob K

@Bob

yeah, hope things work out , we really could do with a reliable and cost-effective Courier around here.

Although I have no complaints about EPS regarding the actual service, they are very good and efficient, just find the prices a little too high.

And sometimes Amazon does not help I asked for items to be sent in one package  but a couple of them arrived separately.
With EPS it does not matter what the weight of an item is, they charge you a minimum 1 pound from what I understand, so ended up paying more in postage, than the actual items cost which was kind of irritating, so really would have been better buying locally that time.

But to be fair to Amazon I explained what happened and they gave me a $30 credit, that is fair enough- so all is well in Courierland for now :-)

PS you still praying for your Enpaq packages ?  :-)

well further to last,..I continue to be impressed with CPS, they said they be round about 4 and they were here more or less on time at 4.25 and delivered membership card in  person! 

I am speechless at such efficiency in DR :-).. they could give the super-efficient Germans a run for their money :-)

Yes , so far very good indeed!
Lets hope it continues like that  :-)

Has anyone used the E box service by Mail Boxes Etc. (MBE) ?

If so, how are they on service and pricing?

The following is a translated link to their FAQ page:

http://goo.gl/Zl1tkx

OK yesterday we were told by Encargo Pac that they are so messed up in Miami that     ALL packages being held there are now going to be shipped by container this week.  So that means another 2 week delay on packages.  I am wiaiting for some very important papers that were supposed to be here last week and now maybe in 2 more weeks.   The  have got to be kidding!!!!!  I am done wiht them.

Bob K

Wow, you have to wonder what happened Bob.......... Yikes.

And this is a  good point here -   sometimes what starts out good and works well will change over time!!!! Always be ready with a backup plan.

@Bob
MMmh seems praying didn't do a lot of good then :-(

>I am done wiht them.

yeah, don't blame you and I think a lot of people will feel the same way as it does seem to be an utter shambles for everyone concerned. Sure glad I found out all about the troubles, before I placed order with them!
I mean this is more than a screw-up, it's a total disaster and it makes you wonder how a company which was pretty good before, by all accounts, can screw up so badly, so quickly!

Anyway will post my first order with CPS today if their delivery is as efficient as what I have seen of them so far, it should work out fine...will keep you posted.

Ahh  while we are on the subject of packages etc just a quick question about custom charges again.
placed an order which is just over $200 which normally would attract tax however the company gave a discount so it is now under 200 and should not attract tax, but don't know if customs will take that into consideration  and make you pay tax on the original amount which is shown on invoice above the discount amount- any ideas?

So packages with Encargo are stil missing.  Yesterday they tried to tell me they delivered one, which they had not, and when asked could  not produce the reliese form that you have  to sign when you  pick it up.  She was going to look into it and call me back yesterday......phone has still not rung :(   So I assume packages are gone to package heaven.  I think they  are in financial trouble back in the  US and have been forced ot relocate and are  in total dissarray.

So yesterday signedup tihe CPS and first packages is on it's  way.

Bob K

If your invoice is for ls for less than $200 you should be ok and the invoice MUST accompany the shippment.

Bob K

Bob is correct, tax is assessed based on final total including any tax paid there!!!!  People miss this - if item is 190 US and tax is  14US then you just went over the US 200 marker...... be careful on this.

Keep the FINAL TOTAL  under  US 200 and no issues at all.  By the way -  often items from Ebay have no invoice attached. IF you use  Paypal to pay for items they will accept an electronic copy of your Ebay payment form!  That is with CPS, not sure of the others.

I use CPS and Amazon a lot. I have found that I nearly always have to send them a copy of the invoice by email. So for me it is now automatic, I always save the invoice in a pdf format and email it to CPS a couple of days after my purchase. Never had a problem though the total amount of all my parcels have always been below US$200. About a year or two ago CPS lost one of my parcels, they reimbursed me the total amount without any hassle. The service has been slower by more or less a day since the customs became a bit more vigilant with the $200 limit, but they have been very reliable if a bit expensive.

First two packages arrived via CPS today and two more thursday.  No problem.  One is actually a replecement for something that was shipped via encargo pac 3 weeks ago and stilll has not arrived.

So far very happy with CPS

Bob K

@Bob
>So far very happy with CPS

Yeah same here Bob, In fact as I was writing this, there was a knock on the door -it was CPS with 3  packages :-)

.Actually rather unexpected according to Internet they were still in Santo Domingo, but that was in the  morning so they must have arrived this afternoon . Normally they phone first but this time just came to the door  and luckily I was in.

Mind you the driver was a bit cheeky gave him a 1000 peso note and he did not give me change.... I was going to let him keep the change anyway, but all the same bit cheeky that!

Anyway as their service has been excellent so far, lets call it a misunderstanding this time :-)

MMhh looks like you can kiss your Enpaq packages goodbye :then :-(

Had a reminder from them this morning about their change of address..., yeah well sorry chums... you've missed the bloody boat!!

Hey Bob is CPS and EPS the same Company?  I use EPS in Cabarete and have never had an issue, are the prices at CPS much better or just about the same, what is your opinion? Is CPS in Cabarete too or Just Sosua? Thanks in advance.
:cool:

No not the same company and much cheaper.  Thier office is in Sosua on the main highway just  after Ocean village on the right next to Otto's furniture (the  store with the large yellow whickerr chair in the front). 

Very nice folsk running it and they coud teach a course to the rest of the country on Customer service.

Bob K

I found the same with CPS in Santo Domingo -  very professional and friendly.  Here in La Romana it is a much smaller office and they do a GREAT job! I am very pleased with the service and people here.

Just to add what Bob said, There is actually no need to go to the CPS office which is pretty far from center.  Just write email and everything can be done on Net and they are really very good at answering mails, usually within the hour, even on weekends!
The driver will even come to your house to deliver membership card,etc

As Bob said they could teach the rest of DR how to run a  company properly! ....wish they would take over electric and water :-)

Electric and water now there is a joke for sure:D:D:D:D:D:D

BobK

Wow! I'm impressed with CPS already, I usually have to go to EPS in Cabarete and pick up my packages, these guys deliver to the house? Wow! Once again impressive, is there an extra charge for them delivering to the house or all the taxes and fees included? How are their prices for mailing a letter or small box to the U.S? Really impressed with the positive reviews......good to see customer service improving in the country  :cool:

Don't get confused - one company is practicing good customer service.....  pretty much the rest suck......

Planner how true :D

Bob K