Need residency help

Hello everyone, my name is Maria and Im new on this forum. i have read it several times but never became a member...until now. I need someones honest advice on residency. i have been in contact between two lawyers and cant honestly decide which one to use. i have trust in both of them only one of them is $1700 cheaper than the other one. Both have given me the same criteria  as to whats needed, so they are consistent as far as that goes, but im just to e honest, scared because ive heard horror stories about attorneys not completing the process yet charging and the end result is no papers or money. I cannot let that happen to me as i only have a set amount put aside for this.
Soooooo......does anyone have advice? Anyone have personal experience with this? What lawyers are good ones? If anyone could answer me, i would really apreciate it.

If you do not know any locals this would be to your disadvantage. Also being a woman. Typically you need to learn where they live and if they have a family. Some come from good families and would not do anything to hurt their name. others may be fly-by-night. Do they have a nice office or work from home? In country where life is cheap if they know you can come back on them with some help from the boys from San Pedro they won't cheat you, and always only give only 50% down. See in this country people don't sue each other they have the other eliminated.......