Family visa, residency visa or family visit visa...

I am confused.
My husband got his employment visa and made it to SA. He got his residency and then applied for a "Family visa". He got the yellow paper that is all in Arabic, which is necessary to get visas for his family. 

Now, we do not know what to do next.

We have call the Saudi Embassy in USA and they told us there is not a family visa process. According to they, you can get Resident visa or family visit visa, but there is not a family visa. The process to get one or the other visa are quiet different. 

The company in SA have told us we are getting a family visa.
I read in other topic that there is a  "sub visa for the work visa holder's dependants "family visa" (Salman wrote it). I think is what we are getting, but after you get that, what is the next step? and, in this case, we are going through the process for family visit visa or for the residency visa?

Thank a lot. We appreciate your responses.

Hi and welcome to Saudi Arabia.

The yellow paper that your husband has recieved is confirmation of the dependent visa. You have to use this to approach the SAudi embassy in USA to get the visa to come here. The difference between family visit visa and this visa is that in the visit visa, you do not get a residency permit i.e. an iqama while you do get one in the latter type, which allows you to stay in Saudi Arabia on a permanent basis. If you search on the forum, I am sure you will find the visa requirements needed to approach the saudi embassy for the visa.

Hi Philia,

I'm glad you read here and there :D

okay, im outdated on what you need before approaching the saudi embassy but here's the list I remember:

Marriage Certificate
ID's of you and the kids (if any)
Birth Certificates of the kids (if any)
Medical report (you should inquire the embassy for their unique requirements)
Passport/s and copies of Passport/s
the "Yellow" Slip

but before you go make sure you call them up and "explain" to them that you have the yellow slip and want to "process" NOT "apply" your family visa and you need to know the requirements. if the person your talking to doesn't seem to speak good english, demand politely to speak with someone who can. if this doesn't get you anywhere just visit them and get the info you need from there, talk to the concerned staff.

and Welcome to Saudi Arabia

Don't forget to Visit the Kingdom tower :P
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg67/DumbDragon/Saudi_Arabia_Sandstorm53.jpg

Salman

Also to note. You don't need the actual yellow slip, a scan, or fax will suffice.

You'll also need some passport sized photos.

Hi Philia, I hope that you get your visas sorted out. My husband is going to get his work visa by the end of the week and will then process ours (me and my daughter's) as soon as he arrives in Saudia. It's really tough for families to be apart, so here's hoping that everything irons itself out for you. Anyway, you already have the yellow slip --- I guess that's already half the battle won. Do update us on the process of your visa. I'd be curious to know how long it will take before you can join your husband.

Cheers

hi can i ask how many times to renew visit visa and it is posible that i can get a business visa?or arrange the paper for visit visa to working visa?anyone can help me?im here in riyadh..and i am filipino

Hello iansusan and welcome to Expat.com!

Starting a new thread on Riyadh forum would have been helpful.;)

Harmonie.

hi im a nurse in saudi arabia can i bring my husband and my daughter here with me?what are the requirements needed in order for me to bring them here? i hope you can answer my question thank you

how long will it take to obtain family resident visa in kSA?

mail to [email protected]

That yellow page is actually family visa. may be i hope the person you may talk with will not be able to  understand what you are explained.
I am not blaming any one ? ! Here in Riyadh and Saudi Arabia few of the communities English is so pathetic / similarly our local community also not far away from the same situation / you may please visit personally and try to get it clarified accordingly in related with the above said matter in concerned offices.

We have to take English coaching classes to similar people in a professional way or else we have to learn with our skills to use the local communities language as well. I am from India and i am having the family visa consist of two kids and wife. We are in Riyadh in same level for the last 07 years. any kind of related doubt can be asked again  and it will be cleared based on my practical knowledge on this.

Thank  you. my mail adrs ;  [email protected]

I have vist visa of my wife for three months  while I have prepared all the papers to get family Visa( istaqdam Office).
can I apply the family Visa while having visit Visa.
can ( family Visa) be transferred into vist to visa with out going back to India?
if possible please, guide?
Thanks
Mohammad Naeem
+966 590324588

having visit visa you can apply for family resident visa but to stamp they should go back to home country and do medical upon which visa stamping will be done on passports..

please keep in mind that after issuing family resident visa they should stamp on passport within 3 months which should be noted.

accordingly they should go on EXIT soon after receiving family resident visa....

I have all documents readily available to apply family resident visa.

my head office in Jubail is mentioned in iqama

can I apply in Riyadh with the help of mandhoob in branch office Riyadh as working here currently..

please reply

Dear Sir,
         Thanks Alot.

I am a UK citizen.
I received my work visa on 29/10/13.
I fly out to Riyadh on 05/11/13.
Questions:

1) What documents do i need to take with me to apply for my Iqama?
2)What documents do I need for Family visa (residency)
3) What is the process I follow in KSA and UK to obtain Family Visa?

Assistance will be greatly appreciated.

I am working in jeddah as a computer teacher. I want to get my family. Is it possible even if the company i am working with is in yellow category in the nitaqat system?

Dear Mr. Farzabbas

Can you advise little more, If i get family visit visa in KSA for my wife and two kids, can I apply for their resident visa after that and once the reidency visa is issued, do they have to go back to india for stamping.

Will really appreciate your response.

With Regards,

Sant Lal Bhadoria

Hi! I have this very complicated situation and I really need some help.

My husband is in Riyadh, SA right now working. He doesn't have any issues on bringing the family to where he works with a Family visa. My concern is I have a 5 month old nephew (my cousins baby) who we wanna adopt and take him with us to Riyadh. How are we going to do that? Would the baby fall in a category of a Visitor's Visa or something else since he is not ours? What are the procedures to do that? And what are the requirements to accomplish??

Please help us.. Your help is really a need so we can go on with the process.

Thank you so much for your time...

- Slim2652-

Slim2652 wrote:

My husband is in Riyadh, SA right now working. He doesn't have any issues on bringing the family to where he works with a Family visa. My concern is I have a 5 month old nephew (my cousins baby) who we wanna adopt and take him with us to Riyadh. How are we going to do that? Would the baby fall in a category of a Visitor's Visa or something else since he is not ours? What are the procedures to do that? And what are the requirements to accomplish??

- Slim2652-

you have to show his birth certificate some how with your name as parents. or atleast his passport carry your name.. no other idea in this regard. Good luck!

Slim2652 wrote:

- Slim2652-

There is no visit visa for someone out of your family, your husband can only get only get visit visa for you, your kids and his parents. For the baby you mentioned will have to get the passport with your husband and your name as parents. So no matter the kid is born to whom, he should have passport and papers as you are his parents.
If you can get these done, then he would come to saudi on family visa together with you and your kid. Good Luck.

Dear all
Please can someone tell me why the Yellow Paper was refused for an adopted child? Her adopted father has iqama and is working in KSA. Mother and daughter want to join him in KSA but they have refused them on the grounds that the child is adopted.
Any suggestions or advice??!!

Hi everyone,

I am facing the problem, when i apply online family resident visa through ABSHER , " The message display: Visit to Insteqdam office". My question is that, I have already issued family visit visa and it has been chamber of commerce but not stamping due to these reason the online application is not proceed further. Only my wife details not entered but i can easily submit my children details.

" General,  can we issue both visa at a time "Family visit visa and resident visa". Or i have to cancel family visit visa first then i can apply for family resident visa online. "