Cigars in market

Does one find cigars in the markets in the D.R?

Hello Caffeinated

You can certainly find cigars in different supermarkets in D.R. in Santo Domingo for example there are plenty of places that sell them in different brands, they even sell Cuban cigars, but the leafs are grown in D.R. and sold under the Cuban brands umbrella due to commercial agreements they have, and the difference in quality is unnoticeable.

I personally don't smoke. If you want to get good prices, you definitely have to go and do your purchases where the locals buy their supplies, that's what I do when is stock myself with coffee, rum, and Spanish Turron  :) and all at the fraction of the price you find in the touristic zones.

Cheers.

If you are talking about cigars in the tourist markets then many will be fakes and you will get what you pay for.  On the beach they all will be fakes.

Dominican cigars are in my opinion are far superior to Cubans.  You will find good cigars in the major chain supermarkets, speciality cigar stores an the best place is at the various cigar factories.

Where in the country are you talking about.

Oh and welcome to the forum.

Bob K

True with out a doubt. Although sometimes pricey you can even try The La Sirenas. The cigar factories as stated are however superior.

thanks for that info.
Perhaps next time you go buy some supplies for yourself,where you shop,you could make a mental note on what a decent sized cigar sells for.
I am looking for a very cheap source of cigars for resale.
Thanks

If anyone feels like doing a little detective work,while shopping around,if one could find out where these sellers get their cigars from,so i could get them wholesale and get me some prices....
Much obliged

I wouldn't mind fakes either,just cheap & cheerful  :)