Need Help about marriage n divorce in mauritius

llllllllllll

Welcome to the forum Prema :)

You can check this link, it contains details about the procedures and step in the application of citizenship for Mauritius.
Click here

It also have some contact details of the concerned authorities whom I think you shall contact to expose your case! I hope this might help you!

Regards!

1 ) if my brother stayed 7 years continuously in Mauritius as a spouse of Mauritian so after divorce his resident permit will be canceled?

Yes, after divorce, his resident permit will be cancelled.

2 ) or if his first wife dont have any objection form him to stay and take divorce so also resident permit will be cancel?

Mauritian authorities don't care what his wife thinks, if he divorced and he hasn't got mauritian nationality his permit will be cancelled.

3 ) as my brother have a registered baby ( 9 months) on his name so on this behalf can he apply for citizenship?

If his baby is born in Mauritius and has mauritian nationality and your brother is in charge, I believe he (your brother) can stay in Mauritius until the child turns 18.

Hi,

It's too common for Indians to leave their country for obvious reasons & seek nationality elsewhere. Having problems with others is equally very common. Don't worry, both the Mauritian government and Indian embassy work to fully favour Indians. The Mauritian government sacrifices the interests of its own citizens to favour indians. Just knock at their door, mention that you are Indian & discover the wonders awaiting you!

Best of lucks

I would advise you to seek legal advice. If you look in the yellow pages you can look under Barristers. You will probably have to pay about 5000 rs for your first visit. Make sure you have all your questions ready before you go into office.

hi prema2009? need an update :)

i think the best case is to go with law accompagnied persons, and to bring the case further. i think at this stage, if you got a false divorce sheet, then you contact a lawyer..

cheers,
Islander.
Hope u succeed in your endeavours!

islander77 wrote:

hi prema2009? need an update :)

i think the best case is to go with law accompagnied persons, and to bring the case further. i think at this stage, if you got a false divorce sheet, then you contact a lawyer..

cheers,
Islander.
Hope u succeed in your endeavours!

islander77

The proper way is not to go to the Barrister (the term lawyer isn't used in MRU) but to a solicitor. The solicitor will give you advise and choose the Barrister as per case (civil/criminal etc..)

ok sorry alisa_ram, here's way:

lawyer=Barrister.
client goes to solicitor first, then forwards to lawyer.

cheers
Y.

WHEN INDIAN CITIZEN GIRL WHO WANT BECOME SPOUSE OF MAURITIAN (CIVIL MARRIAGE WILL BE AT MAURITIUS)
WHAT WILL BE HER FUNDAMENTAL RIGHTS,ACQUIRED RIGHTS,CITIZENSHIP RIGHTS AFTER BECOMING SPOUSE.

Welcome to Expat.com sanyam!

You may start a new topic with your question on the Mauritius forum.

ps: you should please lower caps lock on the forum.

Thank you.

im 28 year and due to familly problem my husband wants a divorce ..wat should i do..shold wait as im separated for 3 months

Hi prema..
If a foreign spouse stay in Mauritius for 5 or 6 years and got the nationality and if she divorced later then is the nationality will be cancelled.?

Hello R1s1ft,

You should consider creating a new topic on the Mauritius forum to increase your chances of obtaining an answer to your question.

There's no certainty that you will receive a reply here from the initiator as she has not been active for quite a while now.

All the best,

Diksha
Team Expat.com