What Do We Do, Now That Club Correos Is a Goner....

I am travelling to China, and come back in August. If you like to bring any small items, like computer components, phone accessories, please tell me, maybe I can help if having enough spaces. Delivery place would be at Otavalo.

Up until today I had about 10 separate purchases off of Ebay from Chinese sellers that were pending delivery.  Some of these items date back to February of this year.

Well, when basically I had given up on getting any of these items, 5 of them showed up, bundled up. So, I still have hope some of the other items will show up eventually.

I think budget cuts have taken a toll on the Ecuador mail system this past year.  I basically have decided if I am going to order anything off of Ebay, I am going to have them sent to my shipping service in the U.S. and then once I get as close to 4 kilograms possible,  have  the consolidated package mailed here using U.S. priority mail.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/bNsz17WpW_8t2SbAzFK3g9hgUzESHnHMeCkLo5d3OcehcC7731qy2GFnTbXkh3mxkcHwMUVKwAZEmg=w1366-h768-rw-no

Any updates on the shipping situation since 2016? How has it been working out for people? Are you using couriers/frieght forwarders? Or the international post? What has been subject to $42 import fees and what has been excused?

My Ecuadorian girlfriend's birthday is coming at the end of July. I am planning to send her a watch, laptop, and some clothes in a consolidated  shipment that is under 4kg and under $400. She lives in Guayaquil.
She has an account with Laarbox.

Still wondering if I should use the postal serivce? I feel iffy about government shipping.

Laarbox quotes $9.5 per pound shipping and $42 import fees.

Suggestions? 2018 experiences?

anyone need small items, i can bring it to Quito with a few charge in Sept.