Moving to Edinburgh

Hi! I am moving to Edinburgh in a few months and I need to rent a flat. So I need to know the best areas to live in, close to supermarkets, good transport links, low crime rate etc… And I would like to know as well, what are the areas I should avoid. Thank you for your help.

Hi Miriam,

First thing is to check where are you going to study/work. It's pointless to advice you on living in a place which is far from were you need to be.

Apart from that, center will always be more expensive than outskirts, and I believe shops and supermarkets are almost everywhere and should not be a problem.

Can't tell you more about rough areas, sorry.

Good luck,

E

P.S. If you need more info (in Spanish) drop me a line or two in private.

Thank you very much, I am going to work and to study english.
Do you speak Spanish?!!  my english is not very good but i am learning...  gracias por contestar.

Si, hablo español. Soy español :) Pero no se si el foro es sólo en inglés, por eso decía lo del privado...

If it is not an inconvenience i will write you in private, i would like to know more about Edinburgh. thank you

ahhh joe!! jeje si eso. pues es que tengo muchas dudas...sisi te escribire en privado, si no te importa vale? muchas gracias

No me importa, no. Dale!

Hi,

I'm moving to Edinbugh in about 2 months. I'm going to be working out in the airport direction and I was looking at places to rent.Any suggestions on good/bad areas?I was looking at Gyle in around the supermarket-is this a nice place?