Mental Health Abroad

Hello there,

I was just awarded SSDI for mental health.  I have found in the past when I lived abroad it was easier for me to live.  The environment and the lower cost of living was easier for me.  I have closer friends in other countries, and I worry as I age, I do not have the support network, to be taken care of, as I do with the friends I have abroad.

I truly am disabled, so it is really important to maintain mental health care if I am abroad.  I can't find any information about mental health ratings overseas.  I have thought of traveling for short times, to visit and pursue health care abroad, and also living months at a time abroad, and the option of being an expat full time.  I just don't know what the stipulations are, where to look for resources, and how to find medical professionals when I'm abroad.

Another issue is I will be on medicaid.  So I need to know what the costs are.  If anyone knows information to share, experiences, links to resources, and any other information I'd appreciate it.  I would hate to lose my closest friendships because I am ill, or to miss opportunities to obtain medical care, that could help.  It is cheaper in many countries, and it makes things easier, but I don't want to travel abroad, and get sicker, appear to my government that I am cheating, or anything like this.

If you can let me know that would be great.

I do not know much,BUT i have experienced the illness in my familly. I have just come since 6 months to be with my fiance,(Bordeaux) Go ukgov.com and look for moving abroad,there is a section on MH ! Bon chance !!!!