Vaccines

Hello me and my wife we will be coming to Quito on 15 of February we are gest wandering. If we need to takes eny vaccine . Thank you Moise from Vancouver cdn

Mcordos wrote:

My wife and I will be coming to Quito on the15th of February. We are just wondering if we need to take any vaccine. Thank you.
Moise from Vancouver

You're OK in Quito.  The Embassy here lists only yellow fever vaccination as indicated, and that's only in the Amason Basin.

The Embassy has a lot more to say about health and safety-security in Ecuador.  For instance, travel insurance is highly recommended, especially if visiting the Galapagos Islands.  The Embassy says health facilities there are quite limited and it can cost $50,000 to be airlifted to the EC mainland or elsewhere.

For the full scoop, visit the Embassy website, which can be accessed by googling:

travel.state.gov health vaccination Ecuador

When you get there, click on the "Health" link.

cccmedia in Quito

(OP's above post was edited for grammar and spelling by cccmedia.)

Thank you for info can you tell me how much is to fly from Quito to loja thank you moise

Mcordos wrote:

Thank you for info.   Can you tell me how much is to fly from Quito to Loja thank you moise

The airport in Loja reportedly closed four years ago, and I can't find information that a new one has opened.  There's no listing for Quito-Loja flights at cheapoair.com

You could fly from Quito to Cuenca for $97-125 and up, per-person roundtrip including taxes and fees, per cheapoair.com, plus any excess baggage tariff.  Cuenca is 78 miles from Loja.  Maybe visit Cuenca for a while if you haven't been before, and arrange Loja ground transportation upon arrival.

The airport codes are UIO for Quito, CUE for Cuenca and -- if there's an airport operating in Loja -- it's possibly using the old code, LOH.

If anyone has information on a new airport in Loja, please post.

cccmedia in Quito

Mcordos wrote:

Hello me and my wife we will be coming to Quito on 15 of February we are gest wandering. If we need to takes eny vaccine . Thank you Moise from Vancouver cdn

If you go from Ecuador directly to Belize they assume you were in the Amazon and must demonstrate that you had the proper vaccinations (does NOT include measles)

I'm flying from Quito to Loja tomorrow on Tame.

I would make sure you are current on your standard booster shots, especially hep a and b. In my opinion, Hepatitis is probably your biggest infectious diseas risk in Quito due to lower hygiene standards in the restaurants.

amyf wrote:

I'm flying from Quito to Loja tomorrow on Tame.

Yes, Amy, thank you.  Quito-Loja flights are listed at TAME Airlines' website:

www.tame.com.ec

Have a good flight.

cccmedia in Quito