Am I and expat?

hi everyone

Peace and love...

I've been in this lovely place for sometime now,

I've made some friends, and some not so much friends, but I love all..

I have a couple of questions that I want some of the more senior and wise members answer..
I am Saudi guy who live in Bahrain and my existential questions are ..

Am I an expat?
Should I be here?

Thanks for your tolerance and understanding

:)

Nawafo wrote:

hi everyone

Am I an expat?
Should I be here?

Thanks for your tolerance and understanding

Hey Nawaf  :cheers:

Well it's not that you are an expat or someone else is an expat :D
We are all expats to this world , remember we're "World Citizens First" , and it's not weird to be on a forum helping others :)

Expat.com is an awesome place to be at and make friends "Socializing" , and I have met some good friends from here too !

I go with Gunners reply in that anyone is welcome on this forum, expat or not.

But in more specific answer to your question, seeing as you are no longer living in the country to which you were born, then yes, you are an expat :)

Hi Nawafo

I have lived most of my life out of my own country. In other words, I am what you may call a serial expat. I develop a sense of belonging to the place I live and hence over a period of time, I become less of an expat. That's just me.

Point is, whether you consider yourself an expat or not is a frame of mind and dependent on your own feeling of yourself and the place where you have made home.

Not sure if I made my point - I am neither senior nor wise, so take what I wrote with a pinch of salt, pepper, sugar and anything else that you think is good for you :)

But from what I have seen, you are a great guy, who loves animals and is active on expat-blog. Keep it up, Nawafo!

Thanks for your reply guys

I really appreciate it