Moving to Bergen in January 2011

Hi Everybody,

I am a Danish girl currently living and working in Hong Kong - which I have done for 4 years. In January I am moving to Bergen to live with my boyfriend who already lives there. I would very much like to meet some people to hang out with up there. Thought I would start looking for new friends already now as I have read in some posts that it can be difficult to make friends in Bergen :D

Anyone up for some chatting for a couple of months and then meeting up once I arrive the cold Norway?

Best,
Marietta

Hi Marietta!

Welcome to Expat-Blog! :)

Certainly, you will meet lots of people and make new friends by being connected with our active members and once you move to Bergen.

Wishing you all the best!

Keep us update on your new experiences once you are in Bergen.

Regards
Sheetul

Hi Sheetul,

Thanks a lot for the warm welcome! :)

//Marietta

Hi Marietta,

I am aslo moving to Bergen. I am planning to be there 1st of November. Hope to meet you in Bergen

Hi Ellyel,

Yes, we should definitely meet up. Looking forward to hearing how your first months in Bergen are.

Marietta

Hi

Have been in Bergen since May and have met some lovely people so far (some through Expat.com). We are starting to meet up quite regularly now and would welcome anyone that wants to come along.

Ellyel - I will post details of our next meet-up within the next couple of weeks if you would like to come along.

Marietta - would be great to chat with you. It felt quite daunting moving to Norway but like you I tried to make conatcts before I arrived so if you want to message me that would be great.

Best wishes

Karen :)

hi marietta, im moving to bergen in spring 2011, i would like to meet up for a coffee some time as id like to make new friends too. michaela

Marietta -
I just moved to bergen last week.  We were living in Houston, I am going to be going home to Lebanon for Christmas and hope to be finally settled by early january.  Plenty to get used to and I am slowly adapting to them all.  Hopefully we can meet up and help each other out and this goes to everyone else out there.

Hi, i also plan of moving to Norway. Hope to make new fiends:)

Hi everyone! My name is Liz and I am planning to move to Norway in early January (52 days, but who's counting?).  My family is from Norway so I have many cousins in Bergen.  I've visited Bergen many times but I've never stayed longer than one month.  I'm looking forward to the change of pace and what I'm sure will be a very exciting 2012!! I'd love to meet some new friends and hope to meet up once I get to Bergen.
-Liz

Hello Liz
Welcome to Bergen, the snow already started in Bergen. Are you staying longer than a month now =)

Arshad