Up date on laws around marrying an ethiopian man/woman

This is now February 2015 can i get an up date on what is the criteria for being married to an Ethiopian man? We are having the run around getting our marriage certificate. We had to produce documents stating  we are both single, send mine to the foreign affairs in England then to the Ethiopian Embassy. Can someone tell me what to expect next? At the moment I am in England, I want to return to Ethiopia to live and once again I'm getting the run around stating I can only live there for 1 month at a time even though I am Married to an Ethiopian!  Any good advise out there!
Why, Why, are we getting all this problem to live and work there, so many people are complaining!!! HELP!

Sir thanks for reply      I am an Indian  my lover ethiopan   so we are worried  now we are working in Kuwait  4 months after we are going  married   what is the rules and regulations. ?

Hello hebrewisrealite

While waiting for members to help you out with some updates about getting married in Ethiopia, I invite you to read out this thread to gather some infos :Getting Married in Ethiopia

Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Hi All,
I need a current update i.e 2015 This year please, because the laws have changed since 2011. Referring to past years is no help.  December 14th 2014 There was an amendment made.
Update on the LAWS/VISA. binging married to an Ethiopian Man/Woman. That's the information I need!!!

Hai sir  my name suresh  I am an Indian man   kerala    my lover is ethiopan  we are working in Kuwait  we want marry in ethiopia  4 months after she going in ethiopia after I want to go ethiopia

The reason you are getting the run around is cause , the authorities are tired of people getting married to locals just to work here or stay here so please patiently keep on pushing and once they know for sure you wil get your papers

Hi
have you tried asking for an interview at the London Embassy?

Hi! I'm married to an Ethiopian Lady, I'm an American. I got a notized letter from my embassy stating that I was single, she also provided a letter from the government. After marriage, we took the license to foreign Affairs there, and got stamped. I then informed my embassy of the marriage. My visa allowed be to stay on Ethiopia for three months at a time. I went to Dubai for a few days and came back for another three months. My wife will file the papers for me to stay here. My embassy helped me a lot.

Thank you so much for your reply. I am already married to an Ethiopian man it wasn't until I went to renew my visa that I was told I have to go back to England and apply for my stay/visa. So I'm in England and he' in Ethiopia and Ethiopia is where we both want to live.

Thank  you for your reply. However! how long does the government expect us to keep leaving the country and returning?
What is the cost to leave the country four times per year? Why can't married couples who want to live in Ethiopia renew their visa every year. There are single people living in Ethiopia who renew their visa once per year. What's that about?
Please answer that one for me!  Thanks!

you have to make an appointment with the foreign minister and ask them the steps.

Please don't do it if it's not too late. Cross-culture marriage is tough.
10x tougher than regular marriage.

Hi Mr.Suresh  , did u get the answer to your question ?

I am also an expat from India working in Addis Ababa since the last 1 year.
I love an Ethiopian woman. We want to marry.
1. My question is what are the documents required for the same ?
2. Would it be a wise decision to marry the Ethiopian Girl as I have not heard good in the earlier blogs by contributors ?
3. Can I get an Ethiopian Citizenship ?

I totally agree with the person who said it is hard being married to an Ethiopian! Every 3 months I have to leave Ethiopia to get a visa. My husband is forstrated and so am I. I am planning not to live in Ethiopia but move to a neighboring country. Africa is a big continant and will welcome us with our years of experience in the work that we do. Plus there are places that will give us residency with no problem. Buy Ethiopia thanks for all the experience!