My presentation - possibility of relocating to Gibraltar with Family

Hi,

My name is Lyndsay. I am currently in Gibraltar with my husband on a short break to look around. We have been coming here for the last 8 years on day trips etc as we have parents who live over in Cala Honda, Spain. We got engaged and married here and so do have a love for the place!

We have 3 children,14,8 and 6. We are looking at the possibility of relocating to Gibraltar. Today we are going to visit the department of education and also see where westgate school is as we found Bayside yesterday.

Hopefully this will help me as at the mo i am very undecided, maybe more scared at the thought of moving!! My husband would not be able to come full time initially due to family business and so i would be living on my own with him flying in and out.

Anyone any suggestions for us on anything at all would be great. The move won't happen for the next couple of years (when girls in middle school)but we looking at buying property sooner to spend more time here and get the kids more used to life in Gibraltar.

Lyndsay x :)

Hello Lyndsay and welcome to Expat.com :)

Kindly note that a new thread has been created as from your post on the Gibraltar forum to help you get more visibility and interactions.

Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Hi,

You have been here and have an idea of how Gib functions which is good.   I love living here because I can afford to and I guess that is the real consideration that you need to make.  Property is expensive, I believe over priced, however, there is a lot of new build planned and my gut feel is Gibraltar is in line for a property price correction.   I think that prices will fall back over the coming years, I may be wrong, however, I feel it is worth you monitoring the market as you have time to look and see what happens :)   

With regards this forum, as and when you have questions just post and someone will usually post a response quickly.

Best wishes

D