"made in Vietnam" cosmetics

Hi, guys! I've been living in HCMC just for 2 weeks and trying to find smth interesting and traditional. Now I'm intrested in Vietnamese cosmetics, wether organic or not. What cosmetic brands are popular here and good? Where should I find all this stuff?

Hi,

Vietnamese cosmetics for facial or body?

I don't think we have popular brands in Vietnam. If you go to some wet market, very easily to finds cosmetics stores selling tons of famous brands, but believe me all of them are fake. Some of old ladies, they even buy many substances and mix together to peal off their skin in order to whiten it. It's very harmful and may cause skin cancer.

Yeah, you may use some organic ones such as vegetable mask, coconut oil...good for skin and natural.

For safe, please go to authentic stores to buy, it may be very expensive, yes! but our skin is the most important.
Facial skin is different from region to region, depending on which country you are from, what type of your skin, then you may look for the suitable product. 

My skin is mixed, a bit oily. So most of lotion from cold climate countries no use.

Above is some of my experience sharing with you!

Thanks a lot!  :) But I read a lot of good reviews about THORAKAO brand and saw a lot of VEDETTE cosmetics in local shops. They are "made in Vietman" for 100 %. Are these brands good and well-respected by Vietnamese, what can you say?

Hi,

Yes, Thorakao is an old brand which was very popular many years ago! I think they mostly sell in provinces, to low end users! They are made 100% in Vietnam, good or not good i am not so sure as i have never used it before! They have many different kinds of products, not specialize in any one!

Beside the foreign famous brand, Vietnamese cosmetics is shipping to organic and handmade at the moment, you can find many places sell good handmade cosmetics and skincare on facebook, not mention the whitening cream with harsh chemical ingredients that young Vietnamese female use to have a very white skin which I do not encourage.

im working in a cosmetic company so i have to search a lot of information about the cosmetic. I used to use Thorakao before. THORAKAO is a traditional brand , they have a lot of products but i just used facial cleansing and "Gấc cream". I have some review for u --- Facial cleansing : They are good and has good smell but one thing i don't like it, it makes my skin so dry. Cream is not good, it very hard to apply on your skin, i felt my skin is hot after apply it, and Pores are clogged.

Thanks a lot for your professinal review :) With THORAKAO is clear, but then.. maybe you found smth else? Some brands or products. Please, can you suggest me some?

Anet Cosmetic is a kind of handmade brand. it's not famous as the others but it's quite good if u want to choose nature cosmetic. They have 2 important products: mask and oil for skin. Mask : Spirulina powder, Bentonite and Cacao Bentonite powder. Oil for skin: Tea tree oil, Neem oil, Turmeric oil....ah Pomelo oil for hair . i have tried all of this products.

Thanks! Will try to find these stuff )

Hi Tanya, you may want to try Saroma's shampoo, which is also claimed to be organic. They use "bồ kết"'s seed oil which is a very famous traditional shampoo of Vietnamese women.

You can buy it in Maximark supermarket's system.

(Moderated: no free ads please )

[Moderated: no free ads on the Forum + post your recommendation in our Business Directory pls]

Is Anet Cosmetic still available? :)

We have a lot of brands, you should come to Vincom Le Thanh Ton for a looking!