Hello !!!

Hello everybody i'm new here !!!
I'm Italian and English speaker looking for a job in beautiful Malta and would like to get some advice from  you guys !!

Like for example...

- How much is the average cost of living there per month ? or ....how much is the minimum salary to live a decent life there? (I have seen that to rent a room is quite cheap) I know that it really depends on the person but i'd like to know your opinion anyway ;)

- Are there many jobs during the summer season ?

- Is it important to know the native language to work there ?

- How is life during the winter season ? is it busy just in summer but kind of a "desert" in winter ?

Thanks a lot to everybody !!!!!!!  :)

Andrea

Hi Andrea
There are plenty of bar and resturant jobs from April on wards as the holiday season is approaching.
What are your skills  When we first came to Malta 11 years ago most Maltease people had  two jobs to make life comfortable. I think it has got better since joining euro.  However the wages are still not very good for example a friend of mine came to Malta to work for Arriva a bus company that one a contract to have buses here. My friend was earning £20,000 a year for the same company in England. But here in Malta he only earn't  8,500 euros a year. Also his wife was a care assistant in old age home and she had experience from England.  In  Malta  she earn't 9,500 euro a year. Sadly the company Arriva has left Malta and there is a new company running the buses.  You must remember Malta is very tiny country so you want make a lot of money but you can have a pleasant life here. The Maltease people are mostly friendly, kind , and helpful. Being Italian and you can speak English is very helpful for you to find a job. Most Maltease can speak Italian.  I hope you will enjoy living in Malta and best of luck finding a job because they are out there.  I always belive in! if you are willing to work hard then bosses will notice and keep you on all year round.  Karin

Thank you very much Karin :) !!
It's nice to hear your positive attitude ;)
So I assume that the average wage there is around 700-900 euros /month (i hope is net? ) isn't it ?
I hope that working in the summer season more hours per day you can earn more cause otherwise life there is a bit expensive . I have seen rooms rent is average 300 euro/month so not that cheap ..
I'm sure life there is very nice tho ;)

I have seen some veeery cheap flights in February :) ..do you think it's already time to come and see there and look for some summer job ?   or maybe too early ?
Thank you !!!
Andrea

Hi Andrea
You can in some parts of Malta rent a flat for that price. What are you getting for 300euro. Where are you thinking of living in Malta.? Have you got enough money to live on while looking for a job. There is a News paper in Malta called the Maltease Time I think you can down loaded the paper on the Internet.  you may find some jobs in it. What are you looking for? Where is the flat you are sharing.  Have you ever been to Malta? The south part of the island could be cheaper for rent. My advice is if you can afford it come for a week and take a good look around. If your coming in February the hotels can be cheap. Go on trip adviser.   Let me know what you think.  Karin