Hallo All - I'm new here and still learning!

This seems like a wonderful forum to share experiences and find out more about Uganda. I am a sport and language teacher cum communication lecturer and journalist from South Africa who would love to work in Uganda where-ever my skills/professional qualifications can be used best. My childhood dream was always to work and live in the wild among wild animals and today it is still my quest to do that in order to help conserve Africa's unique and endangered wildlife species. I love the African continent and its diverse people and species. As an incurable adventurist and outdoor lover with a passion for people and animals, I am hoping to find a professional job somewhere in Uganda where I can combine my teaching (English) and journalist skills to help make a difference. I would appreciate any inputs/advise/tips about where my skills might be needed best and whom I should contact.
Thank you!

Hello tanzana and welcome to Expat.com

I invite you to drop in an advert in our Jobs in Uganda section so as to increase your chances to find an employment while waiting for members to give you some other tips to increase your chances to fulfill your dreams.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Thank you kindly - I will definitely do so! Would LOVE to help with research/teaching/conservation in order to help make a difference! But I've also learnt that these days it's not WHAT you know, but WHO you know that counts . . . and I don't have any contacts in Uganda (yet!)

Hi, I have just arrived in Kampala and need to find new friends. Regards, Rao

Hello,I just saw your message and I am more than glad to be of help while you are here in Uganda.I am a Ugandan born and raised here...feel free to contact me via email at [email protected] to Uganda!

Thank you - I will do so!

Kind regards,
Elsa

Hallo - thank you for your kindness. However, I'm still in South Africa and won't be coming to Uganda before I have found a job there in which I can combine teaching/journalism to help make a difference in education and nature conservation . . . too big a gamble to just pitch up there without any specific job security . . .

Kind regards,
Elsa