Need a hand to visit the souk and buy stuff

Hello everybody,

Still in search of furniture and stuff to fill a flat, we would like to go to souks (ataba especially or the other on in Heliopolis), but being two women alone we have been advised to go with a native, preferably a man.
  Would anybody be available?
It would be really really greatespecially because we haven't started to learn arabic...

Have a great day,
Hope to hear from you soon,

Céline

Hello Céline, welcome to Expat.com :)
You might also want to post on the French forum of Le Caire.
Wish you success with your shopping!
Take Care
Arlette

(I've moved your topic to Cairo's forum for a better visibility :))

hello,
i can help you  don't hesitate to contact me but i am free just in weekend Thursday evening  all Friday and all Saturday,
my advice also don't try to buy now because we are in the end of Ramadan (last 1o days) and all places will be very crowed and the prices will be higher, it is better to start buy it after Eid Elfeter that is mean 13 Sept
Good luck and take care

Bonjour Celine,

I'm available if you need any help :)

Like amarakl pointed out it'll be crowded & the prices will be high becoz of Ramadan  but if you wanna buy now anyway (if you're in a rush coz I know school will start immediately after eid) or just take a look for now & then decide to wait till after eid elfetr its also ok :)

N'hésitez pas à me contacter :)

Au revoir :)

good girls, don't shop with strange men alone, its a perceptional thing here. but, the person was correct in general as a rule this should be mans work,but like every where on it earth its normally left to profession shoppers and all the males understand the ladies are most qualified for this effort.

Send me a pm my wife can most likely help you with your efforts she speaks Arabic, English and a little residual French from another life time.

this is very good idea

Shorouk wrote:

good girls, don't shop with strange men alone, its a perceptional thing here. but, the person was correct in general as a rule this should be mans work,but like every where on it earth its normally left to profession shoppers and all the males understand the ladies are most qualified for this effort.

Send me a pm my wife can most likely help you with your efforts she speaks Arabic, English and a little residual French from another life time.

Shorouk wrote:

man...u are right
and please listen to him
u can just go shopping with a woman

Hi,
Kindly be known that practical help is avilable when needed.
One of my assistants can provide such help, just inform date and time.
"Manasra" Area near ATABA not recommended if you do not have enough experience and going alone.
If you located near HELIOPOLIS arrangement would be easier.

Aslso, if you do not feel comfort, you are welcomed to visit and check by your self materials, designs, styles and colors We have in our factory in Alexandria.
It is not a marketing letter.

We decided to help foreigners moving to Cairo for work and study not tourist, as we meet same situation and facilitation while moving to CANADA and USA before.
Have a good day.
Dr. IMIG

im offering my help all the time

Moorning,
If still need real help, kindly explain.
I am living in Heliopolis, it will be easy to provide such help.
Dr. IMIG

I'd like to thank everybody. I am sorry I didn't answer earlier but I had many things to do! It took some time to put everything in order but it was worth it. I still have to go to Ataba to shop but I will do that with a new friend, a native girl I met :)!

Shoukrane anyway!

Dear Céline

Please check the link below where you can find most of the Egyptian furniture suppliers

efec.org.eg]www.efec.org.eg

Click manufactures and then you can find the most of the Egyptian furniture manufacturers to pick your style.

There you can find brand new stuff but if you want used good looking stuff, this is another story, however I still don't know your style but there you will see all styles like classic and modern or contemporary.

For used stuff, I find sometimes garage sales for exapts that are going back home specially at Maadi, check the marketplace at FACEBOOK.

facebook.com/group.php?gid=133649738496

Do not hesitate to reply in case you need more info.

Hi
I may could help you sometimes, send me

wishing u the best celine
any help needed i would be happy to help

good job!