Primary school for mixed child

Hi, for professional reason we have to go to xiamen for few years.my wife is chinese and we have a son.

I would like to know if there are mixed couples with child in xiamen and where their children go to school cause we don t want our son being the only non 100 % chinese in his school .

hanks in advance.

There's an international school in Xiamen. Depends on where you will live, there are always 2-3 schools to choose from. You can contact the schools first before making any decisions.

Hello, My name is Jessie, I'm a reporter at The South China Morning Post in Hong Kong and I'm currently working on a story about education options for expat children in China. I'm interested in speaking with expat parents struggling/struggled to find appropriate and affordable options for their kids, and I was hoping we could connect.

Please kindly email me * and thank you for your time.

Best,
Jessie

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : For own security measures, please do not share email address on the forum.

Hello Jessie and welcome to Expat.com

I invite you to drop an advert in the appropriate field of the site to reach out to expat members subscribed :

> Looking for testimonies in Xiamen

Regards
Kenjee

There are two international schools in Xiamen:

XIS, Xiamen international School and MXIS, Manila Xiamen international School. Depending on your budget you can choose the one or the other.

MXIS is more affordable, and I heard that there are many teachers from the Philippines. It is on the island.
XIS is more expensive, and many teachers are from western countries. It is outside the island.