Salary Expectation and Cost of living in kuwait for an Indian.

Hi All,

To start with, I'm from India. I have been offered a senior consultant role in a reputed consulting firm( those of you who have an idea about consulting, i am currently working as senior in E&Y, india with roughly 60000 INR/month with exp of 4 years and B.tech IT degree). I have been reading all posts to get an idea of what to negotiate on my package and so i had skimmed thru all the posts but couldn't get any info except for a point that says " its upto us to save, life style" n stuff like that. So i thought of posting a query expecting help from you guys. Would appreciate if you can share as much details as possible.

Firstly as mentioned above, what can i expect as a salary/month with 4 yrs exp in consulting with B.tech degree.

what will be expense if i rent a apartment in decent place as i will marry soon and would look for privacy?

i wish to buy a decent car, new one, what will be the month EMI for that.

I am not a great foodie, i occasionally eat outside, i try to cook myself at home. what would be expense i might incur?

what will be expense for internet, electrcity, stuff like that.?

say my salary they have proposed is 900KWD. is it good enuf for a decent lifestyle for a newly married couple(im gonna marry soon). on savings part, i would be happy if i save around 250 KWD a month, will i be able to do that.

kindly share your views and every bit of info you know. it will be of great help to me and others in my shoes.

thanks in advance,
Coolmester.

As per your experience you are offered good salary. If possible try to get additional housing allowance. Your probable expenses will be below . Medical should be given by company to you and your family.
you should get travel allowance to India for you and your family every or two year.

house rent Kd  320-350
food and other expenses kd 200
Car    kd    80-100

They Offered me 850 KD(with minimum bonus of 1500KD per year) with insurance, flight ticket per year for me(as of now im single), 30 days paid leave. I have to take care of accommodation and travel. they don't provide anything on that. I wish to rent a furnished studio apartment or a 1 bedroom apartment.

Can you let me know how much it would cost near safat area( as i want to be close to office to reduce transport troubles). Also if i can find an furnished apartment for around 200-250KD near safat, which place can i go for. it would be helpful if can let me know.

Hi Guys,

I'm Single and from India and will be moving to Q8 in a month. I have accepted offer from a management consulting firm(auditing). The Salary they have offered for me is 850 KD( i have 4 years exp with B.tech degree). I have to take care of accommodation, travel,food. I get a fly-back to India once a year with 30 days paid leave, i get health insurance, yearly bonus as well. Now I need help from you guys on cost of living. it would be great if you can share your thoughts on the same.

Accommodation cost near Safat(my office is in that location). Can i find a furnished studio or 1 bedroom at cost of 200-250KD in and around that place?

Travel - I need to get license and i have heard enuf of them saying its a pain to get license in Q8, so initially how much would i end up spending per month on cabs(home-office-home)

I read legacy mentioning food cost is raising - how much would it cost for one person for food, i mostly prefer to cook n eat.

Internet is something i live with, any information of cost that would incur will be helpful.

As a bachelor with decent lifestyle, how much would i end up spending per month.