Business visa and other qns

Hello,

Some background: I currently run an internet business in Singapore, but can do it from anywhere, so I'm considering living in other countries to experience new cultures while still doing my current business for income. An unexpected problem I've found, was that its hard to get a 1 year visa without an employer to sponsor a work visa, which makes Cambodia's 1 year visa attractive.

When applying for a 1 year business visa extension in Cambodia, do I need a letter of sponsor as it says on the Cambodian Embassy to Singapore's web page? Would greatly appreciate if someone who has applied for this recently has any information.

Thinking of going down to take a 1 week look at the place and get the extension done first, but if application for the 1 year extension is a no go, then I can save on the trip.

What are living conditions in Phnom Penh like? Compared to say Bangkok, how safe/clean is it? Also, how does the local food taste? Given that I like Thai and Vietnamese food, will I like Cambodian food? The few pictures I've seen of it don't look so appetizing...

Thanks!

Hi, we've been here a few times and just get a business visa on arrival for US$25. You can then go to any travel agency and apply for an extension for up to a year, no documentation required. (It can be renewed indefinitely.)

We're from Melbourne and have found PP to be a great spot to base ourselves while we are running our business online too. Cost of living is good and there's plenty to do (but so much that you get distracted from work!). Just make sure that, if you take a serviced apartment (recommended, initially at least, while you find your way around) it has a good generator backup and decent internet. Most do.

Hope that helps.

"we've been here a few times and just get a business visa on arrival for US$25. You can then go to any travel agency and apply for an extension for up to a year, no documentation required. (It can be renewed indefinitely. "

You don't need any letters from a "sponsor", or documents to verify income?

Please specify.
Thanks,
jcicero