Planning to Move to Ghana. Jobs. Accommodation

Hi all,

So happy to see this site.  I am planning to move to Ghana to live and work for at least 2years initially. I have lived in the Uk Almost all my life but have travelled to a lot of African countries also.  I am looking at working whilst I am in Ghana.  I am a qualified accountant (CIMA / ACMA) with a lot of experience in accounting and finance. Where can I find job opportunities in Ghana?  I will need to find a job first before my move to Ghana.  However I have given myself a target of 3 - 4 months time to find a job and then move.  Your advise will greatly be appreciated.

Secondly, I will also be looking for accommodation.  Which areas should I concentrate on?  What is the price range for renting properties in these areas?

Thanking you in advance.

There are two main ways to find employment in Ghana. The first one, and the best one for expats, is to be recruited outside Ghana, as then you are assured an expat salary and all the perks such as airfares, accomm, medical etc. To find these jobs you need to look on websites which list jobs in Ghana.
A second way is to come on a tourist visa and network and hope you will find an employer. This is a bit more risky as you might find yourself hired as a local on a local salary with none of the benefits.
Accommodation is expensive in Ghana if you want to live in a modern house in an expat area. You might be able to share accommodation but it will cost $US 500+

Many thanks for the information above.  Really helpful   :)