New members of the Australia forum, introduce yourself here - 1st quarter of 2015

Hi all,

Newbie on the Australia forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Australia if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

P.S : The thread New members of the Australia forum, introduce yourself here continues below!

Hello my name is mark evans and I love australia and I hope to be a citizen someday. :-)

Hi, I am Parakh, I am an Indian and I wish to move to Australia and for that I am in process of applying for Austrlian PR.

Hello!  I am Bobbi; my husband, Craig, and I just arrived in Sydney a few days ago.  We are here for his job, on a 3 year contract.  We've spent the last few days getting settled in and starting to learn the ins and outs of life here.  We are very happy to be here!  Everyone has been so welcoming, helpful, and kind:)

Hi. Im amanda. My husband and I are in process of applying for a permanent residency visa and hope to make the move to perth within the next year.

Hello everyone,
Next school year I am going to study in Australia. I am looking forward to going there.
I am wondering if anyone could share with me something about Australian customs and cultures, even something small like: what do you usually love and dislike? What kinds of gift that you love to be given? or some festivals in Australia.
Thanks a lot and best regards,
Daisy

Hellow i am Nemo,i wish to move to Australia.currently i am in Tanzania.

Hi am Jake, currently in Mauritius island.  Wanna make some friends and stay updated. Hope to move to Australia someday;)

Hi everyone, my name is Ian and I'm from Brisbane, I love to meet people of different cultures and make new friends.  Please feel free to send me a message if there is anything about Brisbane you need to know, I would be happy to help if I can

Thanks love for the support u have shown.for 2day i don v no Question.much regards

Hi i am sathya and i am from India and got PR recently.
I am planning to move and search job after coming there

Hello everyone,
I have always wanted to go abroad and experience and study other cultures,I find it adventurous everytime I visit new places within my home country,I Hope one day I'll get a chance to convert my dream to reality

Dear All,

I am a Dreamer, but I am always trying hard to reach my dream.
I would like to living or moving to Australia for study and work there. I am Diploma from Agriculture Management and I also have 5 years work experience in Tourism and Hospitality sector.

If anyone here have some information for me to get Scholarship or jobs, please let me know  :D

I heard that for Indonesian, there is Work and Holiday Visa to entry Australia, but that is only for Single (I am Married), so I am not eligible to apply that Visa type.

So, please kindly to give me any information that may help me to reach my dream :)
Thank you guys

Hello, my name is Jaysal from Malaysia, currently working here when I heard the good news I got awarded the Endeavor scholarship. l will be studying Robotics and Mechatronics at Dandenong, Melbourne. I trust that the experience I gain through my participation will be both challenging and rewarding,

Good luck and welcome to AUS

Hi there. Glad to hear you are settling in. We are I the process of negotiating terms for moving across from SA. I feel like I'm about to embark on a monutmental amount of admin and cost comparisons to do this all correctly before we make a final decision!!
Sounds like it is well worth it though..

Hey ! I'm Alison been in Australia for 2 years I'm French and I'm searching for some good friends in Perth .. People who would understAnd that being an expat ain't always easy ;-) ... Anyway , hope I'll be an Ozi some day too haha
Bisous :-)

Hey I'm Alison I'm French and 27 . Been in Perth for 2 years now I'm studying at tAFE in joondalup .
Bisous

Hello!

I'm Claudia and I live in South Africa with my husband and two small children we are interested in moving to Australia and in particular Brisbane as it seems to be a great place to raise a family. Could you please provide me with any suggestions as to suburbs and schools?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi I'm Claudia and I currently living in Johannesburg, South Africa with my husband and 2 small children. We are interested in moving to Australia in particular Brisbane. Any advice? Suggested suburbs, schools etc?

Thank you all!

If you browse the Brisbane forum you find the information. For schools, I posted in here

Go to Queensland state and find out about the schools location, start of new semester and etc. Regarding suburb, the more closer to CBD (Central Business Distrcit), the higher will be the price :)

Here's the list of suburbs to for your perusal
Brisbane suburbs

Just checking into the cost of moving and what opportunities there might be for work in Australia

For anyone contemplating coming to Australia, you first need to check out www.immi.gov.au for a visa  and then www.seek.com.au for a job. Unemployment is rising, companies downsizing.

Australia is an expensive country to live in and is ranked the 6th highest cost country in the world to live in.
For cost of living www.numbeo.com

Hi, I just arrived in Melbourne last December as I was reassigned by my company. Hoping to find more Filipino friends here. I live in CBD area. So far, I barely can find one in a day. haha.

Hello Nemo, have you moved to Australia yet?

Hi
I am planning to move to Adelaide before july 2015 I want your advice

Hellooo everybody.....myself Manjunath, currently working as Lecturer at jain institute of technology, i am having more than two years of experience in teaching at university level. And i completed my Masters,Bachelor's and Diploma in Computer science and engineering, now planning to move and get something big...so i hope i am in right place....so please keep in touch..i am waiting to hear from all....Thank you

[Moderated: please do not post any contact on the forum]
Hi, I came to Australia 6 years ago. I was lawyer in the UK for many years. Since arriving I have qualified as a lawyer and migration agent here in Australia. I've been employed as a lawyer for the past 4 years, starting off doing refugee law and more recently working as an in-house lawyer for an international recruitment agency..so it's been a rollercoaster so far! I live on the Gold Coast with my wife and two boys.

Hi every one My name is Brian
I am a kiwi ( New Zealander )  living and working in Melbourne Australia

If your new to Melbourne and would like help ( with accomidation ,getting a Drivers licence ,and general information
Please feel free to ask . And I will help where I can  :D

Hello I'm Richard Stegman from uk. I moved to Australia less than a month ago, and everything is still new to me. Australia is really a beautiful country. I need your help so that I can make acquainted with the new life soon.

Ok no worries
What do you need help with .i can mainly give advice
From experience

My name is Brian

Hi mates,

I'm randy from philippines curently working in thailand.. Mastet about facility works. I want to work australia someday..

hello im JM, juz arrived here in Melbourne yesterday.. will be here for 3-6 mos due to work. hope to meet new friends in here.... :)

Great thanks, Brian. I will surely ask you :) How long have you been living in Melbourne?

Three years at the moment
But lived here for 2 years roughly 7 years ago

Richard

I am A kenyan intending to move to Australia soon as a skilled worker

Hi kefaonyancha you're welcome :)

Hey
My name is Simona
I am Romanian but I am currently living in North-East of France§ I have done a PhD in biology, which has ended with a successful diploma last year, and now i have completely change my orientation, by following a Pastry school. My dream is to open my own coffee and pastry shop (in 3-4 years i hope) but until then i would like to come and work in pastries, bakeries or restaurants in Australia. I love to bake cakes, to decorate, to create and to imagine beautiful pastries. And also i love to make people happy by offering them a tasty and beautiful delight each day! I am open mind and very curious to learn more about baking. I am trying to do healthier cakes, with a nutritional value,and also a dietetic line of cakes for those concerned about their weigh. I am also baking a lot of gluten free and dairy free cakes as well as completely raw or vegan.If u can help me with some information regarding how i can find a job there, from distance, taking in count that i live in France now. Do you know some sites where i can send a cv or something about??I will be able to profess starting with August-September 2015. Thank you§§

Hello to all,
i am Sunny i have been in Australia almost 10 years and enjoy every moment of it. i live in Melbourne and wanna make new friends from all around the world...

Hi, I am Myra Diago from the Philippines. I am new here, just got here one month ago. I wanted to meet my fellow Filipino here. I am a shy type but friendly person.

Closed