Looking For: Summer job opportunities in Dalian

Hi there,

I'm looking for summer job opportunities in Dalian.

Qualifications:
1. Canadian citizen
2. Fluent written, reading, and oral English communication abilities
3. Will receive my undergraduate degree (BAH) by June of 2015.
4. Areas of study: History, Geography, and Education
5. Must return to Canada by September of 2015 to continue my studies (acquiring a bachelors of education degree)

So I am interested in all teaching positions, and even non-teaching positions.

Expected rate of pay:
1. Enough to cover my flight, accommodation, and allowances to travel. (So, very flexible)

Experiences:
1. I'm on track to become a qualified Canadian high school teacher
2. Multiple teaching experiences from primary to secondary

So, if anyone know of a job posting/opening, and you can refer me, that would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
- Joey

Hi Joey and welcome to Expat.com :)

I invite you to post your job request in the jobs section here : https://www.expat.com/en/jobs/asia/china/dalian/
It might help your message to get across more effectively.

Thanks

Priscilla

Hello both,

I've  been living in dalian for 5 months now and,  even though I don't teach, I know there's a big demand for English teachers.

I could help you out finding something but first I'd  need to know where you are planning on staying.

Dalian is a big city,  and you might have a 1 hour trip to the city center depending on where you are located.

Additionally,  there  are two options when it comes to language teaching here as far as I know:1,  some Chinese parents hire you to teach their kids or  2, you work in an Institute. I'm pretty sure you can do both of you organize your schedule.

BTW,  name's manny.  I'm from BA.

Hey there,

I don't really have any preferences or knowledge of the city. Frankly, I don't care whether it is rural or city central. I've lived in both types of cities (within, and outside of China). And I like them both.

I would just prefer a job that would provide accommodations and flight subsidizing. As for the pay, again, not much preference. Considering I'm only looking for a summer job, it is more for the sake of experience than anything else.

The reason I picked Dalian is because I have a particular fondness for the city.

Though, from what I've seen so far, online, it is particularly hard to acquire a summer teaching position in Dalian...