Oversea's Text

Ok im finaly in bbk and am having a good look around so i have a question about sending a text oversea's which i have done today and i was charged appprox 10 bht :o which i think is very expensive i am using sim 12call freedom so should a switch carriers or are they all about the same ? ive see a sim called inter sim but not sure what there rates are .

Kind Regards Tony

First off start saying SMS and not the word "text" when referring to this type of service or you might be meet with blank stares.

I for one don't use SMS message outside Thailand so not sure about cost of different plans.  Contact AIS (1 2 call) at 1175 and ask what your options are for SMS package.

While talking to them you might also ask about a GPRS package. I use this type of package for outside Thailand communications. Its a fixed number of hours for internet connectivity via your phone for a fix amount.  I pay 370 baht a month for 100 hours of connectivity. They have different package options from a few hours per month to unlimited for a set amount.  With a decent phone you can easily send and received emails via GPRS using your phone.  I can access all my internet email accounts very easily.

cheers,
straydog

Ive called ais and they comfirmed the tariff so now ive purchased an intersim which has halved the cost and inter calls are 1 bht per min so i guess i will stick with this  carrier for now as im not here for that long and i will have to make do now.

Thanx straydog  :)