Moving to KL

i am currently living in Singapore but we might have to move to KL because of husband's job. I heard a lot of stories about the place nad I wpuld like to know if it is a safe place ?  we have a 10 years old son.
wich are the best/safest areas ?
thanks for your help !!!

Hi
the city is safe mostly everywhere, dont worry
you should rather choose the area you ll live in regarding rent price and proximity of schools.
the weird stories everyone hears are mostly rumors or things that happened at night in secluded places to my opinion ( like in every big city)

Hi nxt month moving to Kulalampur. How is it for Education purpose.

Depends what you mean "education purpose". If its for yourself, then low quality generally and qualifications often not accepted outside Malaysia in some types of studies. If you mean educating children of foreigners, then quite expensive. If you mean getting a job in education, very difficult unless in International Schools.

hi i am naisha and i am currently living in dubai united arab emirates,i am planning to move in KL to get some job..can u advice me

Sath,

Compared to Singapore and other more developed countries, Malaysia has a notoriously higher crime rate. In most places in the city, there are bag snatchers, pick-pockets, burglaries, rapes, kidnappings, robberies and car-jackings which end up violently if you don't surrender your goods to the perpetrators. My siblings, colleagues, friends and neighbours have all had traumatizing experiences.

I have lived in Newcastle, Hong Kong and Sydney for over three decades. I have spent the longest time in Sydney and comparatively, I can go out late at night and not worry about the cabs or driving or even catching the trains in most suburbs near the city.

Last year I moved back to Malaysia. After being warned by everybody including my bosses, I fear going out till late at night and don't have the freedom to go everywhere (being a single female). I didn't have a car for the first 9 months and was warned about cabs but ignored the warnings until one night after working late I caught a cab home but the cabbie stopped somewhere on a lonely dark stretch and pretended to not know the way. He turned around and asked me personal questions ie my age, whether I was married etc. I freaked out and called my friend whom I was staying with immediately and told her the cab number. She yelled at the cabbie and threatened him upon which he promptly drove straight to her place! I suppose men don't have similar risks.

Check out the crime rates and make comparisons. At least, then if you do move to Malaysia, you have calculated the risks involved.

cheers,
H

I live downtown close to Pavilion and the only problems I have ever encountered are actually the behaviour of tourists from other countries visiting here. Some of it is chronically bad and in-your-face.

I find the new gold and white taxis are reputable in my experience, and you just a little more expensive. Forget the others. Its far better to order a taxi using an app these days, than flagging one down etc.