Moving to Valencia - anybody to give me advice about Barx?

Hi I currently live in Gran Canaria and am looking to relocate to Valencia as we will be able to afford a much better property and look forward to enjoying a new adventure. We have retired and are looking for a semi rural location. Barx and the surrounding areas look lovely as we are keen walkers. can anyone offer any advice or guidance
Also I'm keen to know how wet the winters are as we've been spoiled here in Gran Canaria. Thankyou in advance
Julie

Hello Julie and welcome to Expat.com

Hope that some members will be able to give you some tips of Barx and surroundings real soon.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Welcome on the blog. Don't know Barx, but do you know the area around Gilet? really great walking, views ánd close to Valencia-City! :-)

It is a nice place, near de coast of Gandia, Denia, etc, but at the mountain, so if you like more de mountain than the sea is a goog option.
(moderated: no free ads here please + register in the business directory)

Hi, I live near Gandia which is near Barx - same sort of distance.  Barx is up a mountain and the temperatures are a little lower in the winter than down on the campo.

There are a lot of English people there, but personally I prefer to mix with Spanish people.  it is pretty similar to where I live, Palma de Gandia, - we get it cold in the winter but Barx will be even colder.   (moderated : advertisement)

Bruno Socrates wrote:

It is a nice place, near de coast of Gandia, Denia, etc, but at the mountain, so if you like more de mountain than the sea is a goog option.
(moderated: no free ads here please + register in the business directory)