Benefits in Malta..... Please help

I am on a Disability living allowance in the UK. I am 17 can I claim any benefits in Malta if Im working and on a low income ?

Hope to hear from you soon,

Thanks,

Alfie.

No and no benefits at all are available until you are a permanent resident after 5 years of normal residency.

Alfie, if your on DLA already you may be able to continue claiming abroad however it depedns on descsion makers , your contributions to the uk etc this link will explain everything
https://www.gov.uk/claim-benefits-abroa … y-benefits

No, only if on 'holiday' up to 13 weeks. I think it's called PIP now.

redmik wrote:

No, only if on 'holiday' up to 13 weeks. I think it's called PIP now.

Going abroad permanently to another EEA country or Switzerland

You may get Disability Living Allowance, Personal Independence Payment, Attendance Allowance or Carer's Allowance as appropriate if you or a family member are eligible and:

work in the UK or pay National Insurance in the UK because of work
    have paid enough National Insurance to qualify for contribution-based benefits
    are getting State Pension, Industrial Injuries Benefit, contribution-based ESA or bereavement benefits

Thank You, Have a good day.

Hands up and apologies I was wrong about some Benefits being paid in Malta provided certain criteria are met.

If you move or travel overseas, you will not automatically receive benefits from the UK. Entitlement will depend on whether your stay abroad is temporary or permanent. You can continue to claim some benefits while you are abroad.

Claiming when abroad
You must let your Social Security/Jobs and Benefits office know that you are going abroad. If it is only a temporary move, then give the date you are planning to come back.

Your entitlement to benefits abroad also depends on which country you are going to. If you are going to an EEA country or one with a social security arrangement with the UK, you might get extra UK-based benefits. Or, you might be able to get a benefit which that country provides.

For most benefits provided by other countries under these arrangements, you will have to have paid National Insurance contributions in the UK. Form U1 is a record of UK National Insurance contributions which may help a claim for unemployment benefit in another EU country. You can get an application form for this and other related forms by contacting your local Social Security/Jobs and Benefits Office.

Also see here:
http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/index/inform … ntries.htm