Introduction of members in Dubai

Welcome on Expat.com! :)

Did you recently register on Expat.com? Did you recently arrive in Dubai? Since how long are you living in Dubai?

Let's get acquainted! What brought you in UAE and more particularly to Dubai? What are your interests in life? What are your preferred leisure activities? Do you have any hobbies?

Thanks a bunch for your presentation! See you soon on Expat.com! :)!

hi iam Belle Moe i startt work in sharjah month ago and i like dubai more lol bt life is good here except its hard to find agood ppl

x
Belle Moe

hi :
am yasser am here since 1 week , am in ajman
i can speak both french and english beside arabic
i am looking to know and meet a different people, from multi culture
u r welcome

yasser81 wrote:

hi :
am yasser am here since 1 week , am in ajman

Hi yasser, welcome to Expat.com!
Did you know there is a forum dedicated to Sharjah and surroundings? You can find it by following this link.

There a similar topic to this one in Sharjah's forum where you might want to present yourself telling us a bit about yourself i.e. what you're doing in UAE, if you have hobbies, etc.

Don't hesitate to share with other members of the forum!

Wishing you good luck in this new chapter of your life!

FeeAcer

welcome yasser on expat and keep in touch man

HI,IAM PINK FROM INDIA NOW SETTLED IN DUBAI PAST 4 YEARS.DUBAI IS LIK MY SECOND HOME.I FEEL HAPPY TO BE HERE AND OFCOURSE TO SHARE MY VIEWS AND EXPERIENCES IN Expat.com WITH U PEOPLE.NOW LET ME CONVEY A MESSAGE TO ALL BROTHERS AND SISTERS TRY TO HELP THE FLOOD VICTIMS IN PAKISTAN THROU RED CRESCENT OR ANY RELIABLE SOURCE.LET US ALL PRAY FOR ONE AND ALL.THANK U.

Hi, I'm Steph, I'm 24...I've travelled a lot in life, but never to the UAE. I've just been offered something of a dream job in Dubai, in Jumeirah at one of the prestigious international schools teaching music, which is my background.

I haven't arrived yet, I touch down in the next week or two, and am most worried about meeting new people and making new friends. I'd love to join in any and all expat meet-ups and discussions.

Cheers,

Steph

Hi Steph, Hows melbourne nowadays?...its been a while since I've been there....spent 3 years of my life in Australia...looking forward to meet everyone... be in touch...let me know when there is a meet up in DXB and I will keep a look out in this blog.

Hi everyone ,  this is Bonnie from China , staying in Dubai .  Have been to the 1st party on 29th July , hoping you guys still remember me .  I'm expecting to the next party :D

Hey Bonnie, how are you? Of course, we do remember you!
By the way, maybe you should check out Marlèneke's topic on "Socialize over Dinner". She has something in mind for 1st of October! Yummi!

and of course, a warm welcome to all other new members on the topic here; hope you enjoy your stay in Dubai and as Bonnie said: keep an eye on the forum. Regular meetups are getting organized now!

Cheers to all

[i][i]hey Feeacer , I'm fine these days .Been to Dream Land Aqua Park yesterday , wonderful & excited but tired :lol:  Do you have any interest to go next time ?  How is everything with you and your husband and cute daughter ?  It's sweet that I'm still in your heart :P   

Well , i'll go and check it soon .
[/i][/i]

Hi  Christina ,

yap , It's Deam Land Aqua Park ,  so nice ! I was scared at the beginning , but i like it .  Have you been to there ?   

Nice to know you and your family !

Bonnie

RAK_expat wrote:

Hello Bonnie2016,

Welcome on the forum :)
It's nice to see you here! So you came to Ras Al Khaima?
Isn't Dream Land Aqua Park here?
Take care of yourself

Christina
:)

I wish somemone can organize the meeting in Dram Land Aqua Park , so we can meet each other and " do some exercise" , good for healthy , good to make friends . :D

RAK_expat wrote:

No i haven't been there yet :) We should do that someday :)
It's nice to know you too :top:

I am English and Russian speaking professional interior designer with over 5 years of experience, 2 of which have been in Dubai.

Welcome to Expat.com, zarulariff and Saule :)

@ Saule, sorry but we cannot accept free ads for commercial activities! Thks for your understanding :) (we removed the details concerning your activity and telephone nr)

Hey, just keep an eye on the forum as there are regular meetups being organized (they get sticked on top of the forum if any).

Cheers :)
Arlette

Hi,all,I am from china,I am 26 years old.I have been in dubai one and a half years.I would like to make friends in this forum.

Faithfully
  Jack

Hey Bonnie,
why do y wish someone to organize it, I suggest you take the initiative and go for it, I am sure you will have a lot of takers.
Cheers

bonnie2016 wrote:

I wish somemone can organize the meeting in Dram Land Aqua Park , so we can meet each other and " do some exercise" , good for healthy , good to make friends . :D

RAK_expat wrote:

Hi everyone,
Name's Akram and I'm from Canada; and i been in Dubai for almost a year and believe or not but i haven't met anybody here. I am used to a more causal atmosphere so i am a little surprised when people call me "sir" here. The biggest let down is that i have yet to find anyone that is in the similar age or interests as me. I am hoping that i can get to know people in the site.

later gator.

Hey Armen ,

How are you ? I'd like to do it , however , it's difficult for me to find the way to there . Just like a garden in the heaven , I completely lost the direction to there . :gloria   

cheers

Armen119 wrote:

Hey Bonnie,
why do y wish someone to organize it, I suggest you take the initiative and go for it, I am sure you will have a lot of takers.
Cheers

bonnie2016 wrote:

RAK_expat wrote:

Hi All,

Very new in this forum, Looking forward to meet new frenz, inetersted to meet with professionals in the event industry.

Once again greetings to all

Regards,
J

hello everyone,

i signed up around a year ago and barely used to check on the forum...i have been in Dubai for over 4 years now.

working in IT sector for a local group...

=)
cheers

fahim

Dear Valued User,

Thank you for writing to us.

We have identified the job advertisement to be a scam and have since deactivated the advertisement.
We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Thank you again for your email and have a pleasant day.

Best regards,
LiNa
JobStreet.com

On Tue, 21 Sep 2010, 03:57:30 UTC, [email protected] wrote:
>
> Message from user:
> Please check if the job offers from this company, MOBIL OIL GAS COMPANY GHANA, is a scam? I doubt that because the offer is too good to be true, and someone is talking about it at forum now, https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 81#182042. Please double check the validity of such company before posting it. Thanks.
>
> From: Tang, Jolly Choon Hui
> Email: xxxxxxxxx
> Login ID: xxxxxxxxxx
> ------------------------------
> Rate: Needs Improvement
> Site: MY
>
> User Browser's: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; InfoPath.1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; MS-RTC LM 8; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30)
> User's Time : 9/21/2010 11:57:25 AM
> IP : 203.109.51.109

Expat.com wrote:

Welcome on Expat.com! :)

Did you recently register on Expat.com? Did you recently arrive in Dubai? Since how long are you living in Dubai?

Let's get acquainted! What brought you in UAE and more particularly to Dubai? What are your interests in life? What are your preferred leisure activities? Do you have any hobbies?

Thanks a bunch for your presentation! See you soon on Expat.com! :)!

Hi,

I have been in Dubai since abt 1 1/2 years now, I graduated in India. I like goin around the city, watching movie's playing pc games and aircraft modelling. I don't get time to play but if I do would love to play football & cricket.

Hi guys, i have been in DXB since May this year.. Met several people off this particular forum and glad to sey they are all very genuine :-) so a big thank u to the moderators etc of this website..

I am 24 and live and work in the Financial Center area.. looking to meet people outside my existing small circle of friends here.. Mostly I miss my girlfriends in Manchester! Lookin to meet some like minded expats..

Hello Newbie, thanks for the presentation!
Yes, normally we are all real on this website :lol:
There is a post on "Movie Buddies" on top of the forum, did you see it?
Cheers
Arlette

Hi All

Looking forward to moving to Dubai in a few weeks from Bahrain. Any advice on locations to live suitable for a couple of watersports addicts would be welcome.

Susie

blog: gbr195t.blogspot.com

hi :)
am Hakim and I am here since 3 months , am in Dubai
i can speak french, german and english beside arabic
i am looking to know and meet a different people, from multi culture
cheers

Hi! :)

I am Tabish! I have been here since last 3 months!

I am desperately waiting for a nice gathering with the people here! :)

Cheers!

Hi everyone,

I am Adoool, i've been in Dubai since sep 2008, it's been like a mervellouse part of my life, and i believe Dubai has got many resortes to show off, many great things to enjoy in it. Unfortunatley it's a bit hard to make fiends here as mostly everyone is busy with thier jobs and the set of bills as well, moreover from my understanding some poeple are scared of having new friends as long as we've got some liars, cheaters or whoever thinks only about taking advantage of friendships.

Anyway, i would be more than happy to get new friends to enhance my stay in Dubai, and to pull myself out of work's life routine, and make others feel the same, i've got much recommandations which requirs the sense of companionship, let's get together.

All the best

Adoool

cheers

Dear All,
I am very new to the blog ,would love to mingle with all of you and waiting to meet and make new friends .
with warm regards

Hi everyone,

I'm happy there's such a great community here that arranges meet-ups and actually helps you find friends out here.
I'm 31, from Tehran and I have started working here from November, and it has not been much to it other than working, since! :D . so I'll be glad to meet and make friends with people here and do different activities with. I'm a beginner Tennis player, into psychology, love dancing (done some salsa and ballroom as a beginner), and into movies, music and books just as anyone might be :)
i hope i can meet you guys very soon :)

Its been real fun out there at Aqua Park. It's a fun place to visit once.

ahmed

Hi all,
Nice to see that the forum is gathering such a nice people.
Am Viagero, am spaeaking arabic french and english.
Nice to meet all of you.

Hi Every body!!

completely new to Dubai, it is actually my second week, I do feel a bit bored sometimes, I am trying to find some group activities to do around Dubai, and also meet some new people, what is there to do???

Hello everyone,

I hope everyone is doing well, i just came up with an idea, hopefully everybody will like it,
What about going for a Desert Safari next week Tuesday 21th dec, you know, the weather is pretty cool, and especially in the desert, it would be just amazing to get together on those duns, making things happen instead of just posting words here, let's get together, share what we've got to share, give some life to our lives in dubai, have coffes, fun and the list goes on, it will be the bigenning of a new page, let's do it,
Those who are interested kindly post your replies soon, any suggestions ,
Hope to recieve your replies, and suggestions as well,
Cheers
Adil

Hello all,
Even i am new to dubai...fid the place really good, but havn't been to places...

Hey adoool...how r u doin...?///
u going to desert safari on tuesday?/ it would be working day i guess///

Hello nRjay, i am doing well thanks,
i hope you are enjoying your stay in Dubai, tuesday i will be Off, i would be going for desert safari unless we gather like 6 or 8 poeple,
cheers
Adoool

adoool wrote:

Hello nRjay, i am doing well thanks,
i hope you are enjoying your stay in Dubai, tuesday i will be Off, i would be going for desert safari unless we gather like 6 or 8 poeple,
cheers
Adoool

OK..thats gr8 mate...
i would love to join but i hv a working day on tuesday,,,
anyway u guys hv fun...

Hi everybody,
My name is Clare. I have been in Dubai for just over 2 months.
I am from South Africa and I am in the travel industry here!

The common thread that I read from everybody is that it is hard to make friends. I feel the same, especially being single.
I have only concluded that it is because everything is so transitinal in Dubai. So friendships tend to be of that value. But as I guess for people like us who like deeper relationships with one another we battle to get some depth.

I hope to join you all some time!
I have the Entertainer with millions of coupons for Dubai (ALL Need to be USED by the end of the year)
If anybody needs or wants to use some, please let me know.
I will gladly give them away.

Clare

clarebugden wrote:

Hi everybody,
My name is Clare. I have been in Dubai for just over 2 months.
I am from South Africa and I am in the travel industry here!

The common thread that I read from everybody is that it is hard to make friends. I feel the same, especially being single.
I have only concluded that it is because everything is so transitinal in Dubai. So friendships tend to be of that value. But as I guess for people like us who like deeper relationships with one another we battle to get some depth.

I hope to join you all some time!
I have the Entertainer with millions of coupons for Dubai (ALL Need to be USED by the end of the year)
If anybody needs or wants to use some, please let me know.
I will gladly give them away.

Clare

How true clare...we need some depth...especially in most or our cases we don't have any family or old-childhood friends in here..also everyone needs a social circle...everyone wants to be connected to....
home-office-home makes your life mechanical..,

and ya what coupons you are talking about...like concerts or something...i have heard that in dubai ther are many international bands that perform..