Oman Clearance for Job

Hello, I am currently in Dubai, UAE. I have been offered a job from a very reputable company in Muscat, Oman. Although I haven't got any offer letter yet, and neither the salary has been discussed. But I am in direct contact with the General Manager of the concerned company. He has assured me that once they get the "clearance" they will update me regarding the visa.

I am in Dubai currently, and have a number of job opportunities. Kindly suggest me that should I opt for the job in Dubai OR Muscat,Oman. I dont know what the company in Oman means by "clearance", as there is not any such thing in UAE. Should I reject the opportunities in Dubai and go for the one in Oman ? Kindly suggest me .

Regards,

Ahmed

A bit light on details.

What are the various offers.
Need to know so that they can be assessed.

ahmed.87 wrote:

Hello, I am currently in Dubai, UAE. I have been offered a job from a very reputable company in Muscat, Oman. Although I haven't got any offer letter yet, and neither the salary has been discussed. But I am in direct contact with the General Manager of the concerned company. He has assured me that once they get the "clearance" they will update me regarding the visa.

I am in Dubai currently, and have a number of job opportunities. Kindly suggest me that should I opt for the job in Dubai OR Muscat,Oman. I dont know what the company in Oman means by "clearance", as there is not any such thing in UAE. Should I reject the opportunities in Dubai and go for the one in Oman ? Kindly suggest me .

Regards,

Ahmed

Hi ahmed.87,

Muscat and Dubai are like chalk and cheese. Though both are close geographically, they are poles apart when it comes to work, lifestyle, costs, landscape, city, and pretty much all else. So only you must decide which one you prefer and want - the slow and steady pace of Muscat, or the fast and furious pace of Dubai.

'Clearance' means the company getting the Ministry of Manpower's permission to appoint an expatriate for a said job. Without obtaining the Ministry's prior employment / labour clearance on furninshing all the required documents no company - however big or small, whether reputed or not - can appoint any expatriate.

All companies have issues in getting new job clearances to appoint expatriates. This is because of the 'Omanisation' policies that are being adopted by the local government / authorities in an effort to reduce the number of expatriates and give those jobs to the locals (Omanis).

Details of all these are available in the forum. So without asking further questions, please read through all the posts to get all the information.

Good luck.

Thanks Mr. Sumitran and Stumpy. In dubai I am being offered jobs from 6500 dirhams upto 7500 dirhams per month. This makes 650 to 750 OMR per month. I am 27 now and single, I like Dubai, because of all the fun and excitement it has to offer. But a person cannot live by fun and excitement for whole of his life. The travelling and living cost is increasing by leaps and bounds in Dubai. A good decent accommodation, I mean a bed space, with 2 to 3 room mates will easily cost you minimum 1100 dirhams per month i.e 110 OMR per month. Then add up the food, travelling, mobile and a bit of shopping. You are left with very little savings, maximum 2500 dirhams or 250 OMR.

I intend to get married soon inshaAllah, and I know very well that a family cannot live a decent life in this much income. Bring your wife to dubai and without even thinking give away your 60% of salary to only and only accommodation, i.e a studio apartment.

I have heard that Muscat is a very peaceful place, and a person can save over here, because of the comparatively low rents. Truly speaking I have lived my youth to the fullest, now I want to get settled, get married, build up a family and seriously ponder over building my future.

Kindly give your feedback.

ahmed.87 wrote:

Thanks Mr. Sumitran and Stumpy. In dubai I am being offered jobs from 6500 dirhams upto 7500 dirhams per month. This makes 650 to 750 OMR per month. I am 27 now and single, I like Dubai, because of all the fun and excitement it has to offer. But a person cannot live by fun and excitement for whole of his life. The travelling and living cost is increasing by leaps and bounds in Dubai. A good decent accommodation, I mean a bed space, with 2 to 3 room mates will easily cost you minimum 1100 dirhams per month i.e 110 OMR per month. Then add up the food, travelling, mobile and a bit of shopping. You are left with very little savings, maximum 2500 dirhams or 250 OMR.

I intend to get married soon inshaAllah, and I know very well that a family cannot live a decent life in this much income. Bring your wife to dubai and without even thinking give away your 60% of salary to only and only accommodation, i.e a studio apartment.

I have heard that Muscat is a very peaceful place, and a person can save over here, because of the comparatively low rents. Truly speaking I have lived my youth to the fullest, now I want to get settled, get married, build up a family and seriously ponder over building my future.

Kindly give your feedback.

Hi ahmed.87,

From your response it is quite evident that you have already decided on what to do next.

And what you have heard about Muscat is indeed correct.

Good luck.

Thanks sir for your guidance. Yeah my inclination is much towards Oman. But since I haven't been given an offer letter till yet and the salary hasn't been discussed , therefore I am a bit worried. Any idea how many days it usually takes for a company to get these kind of clearances ??? . On the other hand it happens a lot in Dubai that companies give you the offer letter and ask you to make an exit, and then no response... A person simply keeps on waiting for the visa. Dubai has lots of opportunities but so are the candidates. For every one job you will get at least 20 candidates waiting in the line, many willing to work at very low salaries. Every day at least 100's of individuals fly in to Dubai to look for a job, adding up to the ones already existing, so a company really does not need to worry about the incoming stock of employees. It's a red ocean now. I needed to ask that is the above visa unresponsive practices common in Oman also ?? Kindly suggest. Thanks

Six months ago I have been job offered. One month ago I have been sent attested documents to employer. But still now I have not got the clearance from Ministry of man power in Oman. Is it possible that on the same occupation in Oman could be applied several candidates?

Hi Guys,

ahmed.87 ...

Please read the numerous posts available in the fourm to know all you need to know about the steps involved in getting an employment visa.

In Oman, the rules have been made very stringent now. The main objective of the government is to drastically reduce the number of new expatriates from coming in and also to try and stop the ones leaving from returning immediately.

D4M ...

Companies apply to the Ministry of Manpower for getting the labour clearance.

Once they get the clearance, they have the official green signal to hire an expatriate for that job. The company is now at liberty to hire any candidate they wish to fill the vacancy.

Many irregularities happen here. The most common one is that the person being hired and the job clearance received may not be a match.

That is why often times a white-collar employee might be brought over by a company on a blue-collar visa, to keep the work from stopping.

Getting an employment visa these days is indeed complicated. Delays are unavoidable. And the outcome is usually uncertain.

As disheartening as it may sound, this is the ground reality.

Good luck to you !

Actually. ..
you can not say that you have job offer until you get your visa in your hand....
the problem is the security clearance process which seens takw tinrs and not secured to get it...

it is long journey...but at the end who get Oman..
Can say relax. .it is oman...

good luck to all of you

Take the opportunity for which you have the paper in your hand. If you have the Visa approved of UAE...better go ...it takes quite sometime for visa clearance in Oman.

Best wishes,