Moving from USA - any suggestion of public or private school for kids

Hello everyone:

My family and I are planning to relocate to st. Lucia within the next year to assist with family business development.  I have children in secondary/elementary school (2nd and 4th grade). My biggest concern is the transition from the U.S. education system to the carribean school system. Any suggestions on schools public and private? How did your children do with the transition? What do you like better and/or miss from your home country's educational system? Thanks!

Hello,

My family of 8 just moved here in December 2014. We have not gotten our boys (ages 10 and 12) into any kind of school as of yet, for they are, at this time, homed schooled. However, we will be looking at the end of this school year for a school for them to attend for next year.

There is one very good private school close to where we live in Coubaril which is a suburb, if you will, of Castries (the capital city). The following is a e-mal I received from a teacher at this school. You may contact her for more info.

"Hi Joey and Maria,  Yes I teach Tapion Private school which is on the way into Tapion Hospital. You would be welcomed to come for a tour of the school by my Principal, Mrs Arlette Cenac. School number is (758) 452-2902 and classes start back Tuesday.  If you need any further info re. School or sports etc let me know . I run a sailing programme and also a swim club based in Rodney Bay.
Nice to "meet you"
Lily Bergasse
[email protected]

We are from the United States (North Georgia) to be specific. We love it here.

If you have any questions at all. Please feel free to contact me at:

[email protected].

I'm here to help.

Joey
758-460-7638

Thank you so much Joey for reaching out to me. Definitely be contacting you. Have a great day!
Katrina

Hello katmoo

kindly note that your a new thread has been created as from your posts so as to better list the information on the Saint Lucia Forum.

Wish you all the best in your upcoming expatriation.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Hello Joey,

Just following up to see if you continued homeschooling or enrolled in school. If so, which one. We have been back to St. Lucia and will be going back again for a month or so toward the end of the year. Our home is in Ballata, Gros Islet.  Not sure how far that is from you all. Would live to meet up sometime.

Katrina