Resident doctor salary issues

hello guys in saudi arabia,

i am an mbbs doctor in india with 2 yr experience.

i gave saudi interview for resident doctor. got selected. they offered me a salary of 5280 basic pay + 400transportation+ two months salary as housing.

my main reason behind relocating to saudi arabia is to save money for 1 or 2 yr then come back and continue with my usmle.

so what do u think should i go or not. would i be able to save atleast 8lac in the whole year.

Hello sawadkar and welcome to Expat.com

Please browse through threads in the forum section : Cost of living in Jeddah to gather some information.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

I believe that offered salary package for you is not suiltable and it will trap you.
Job offer, usually, must include:
1- Basic salary (depending upon your experience and workfield).
2- Annually, three basic salaries minimum as housing.
3- Monthly, 10% of basic salary as transportation allowance.
4- Work time max 48hrs per week as per Saudi Labor Law.
5- Annual ticketing and paid vacation.
6- Contractual terms renewable after one-year. So, u may not have to wait for 2 years for  any increments.
6- Other clauses as per Saudi Labor Law (to be mentioned.)

You may negotiate basic salary around 10 thousand SAR and finalise by considering aforementioned points.

u can save money here grocery is cheap if u are not doing anything better then that in india then i suggest come to saudia and u will save more then that

Thank you very much for the reply.

I asked them for an increments but they refused.
So i let go of the job.  :(.

Any other way I can apply for a job.

ACCORDING to the salary they offered me I think I can only save 4000sar is it right plz correct me guys.

i think its too low for a doctor....unless your doctor fees wil go to you/?

resident doctor in which subject? some subjects have time, others have less time. You can give your USMLE while staying here. In India/Pakistan USMLE without a good source of income is not possible.