Schools

Hi we are shifting to Bali and will be living in the Canggu area we are looking for a school for our 8 and 11 year old.
Canggu International is out of our budget is there a school in Umalas or does anyone know of another within 25 minutes from Canggu. Any imformation would be very much appreciated.

Our man in Bali will probably have on the ground ideas, but I'll offer a start.

https://www.google.com/search?sourceid= … ggu%20bali

You could start with the Australian International School in Sanur (address as Kuta).  At least your kids will understand the teachers (who primarily hail from Oz)   :D .  Two of our boys went there for a spell and we were happy with it.

Also, you can check out SIS (Sanur Independent School), not to be confused with BIS (Bali International School) which is also in Sanur. 

I believe SIS is also primarily staffed with Australians, and their curriculum is the Australian National Curriculum.  Having no first hand experience with them I can only say that I haven't heard anything of concern about them either.

There are quite a number of independent private schools “down under” in southern Bali which cover all budgets very nicely so you should have no problems finding a good fit for your children.

My kids used to go to Bali International School in Sanur, and we were very satisfied with the school. It followed an Australian system and most of the teachers were from Australia or New Zealand. Back then their teachers were Steve and Sally Jones who were New Zealanders. Not sure how the school is these days but it was really good back then. Can't speak for the other International schools in Sanur.

But if you are living in Canggu then don't you think Sanur is quite far to go?

I wouldn't send them to the French International School in Umalas because it follows France's National curriculum which speaks for itself.

HI Its me again we moving in July 2015 it  took 1 year to find the appropriate house but still no school for my 7 and 11 year old.
I love all the International School,s they are amazing but $14,000.00 per year for a 7 year old is not something we can afford. My husband works Offshore but he will have to pay for all his flights, accommodation and schooling we are not getting supplemented by his company because it is a family decision to move to Bali the children love it here and are in love with the Balinese people. Family and friends are like why would you move to Bali and stick there noses up and the funny thing is they could never be able to afford to live in Bali if you have children. Has any Mums started up home schooling with other families so there may be a small group of say 10 children and that way they still get to Socialize. Any help you can provide and advice would so much be appreciated.

The below link will take you to a chapter in “cyber Bali” written by one of my best friends and an expert in education here, Dr. Bruce Pohlmann. 

http://cyberbali.com/sample/sample.pdf

As you will see, there are plenty of schools here in Bali which are far less costly than $14,000.00 a year for tuition and fees. 

You just need to do more homework…no pun intended.

You might also check out this e-book also written by Dr Bruce, aka “Doc.” 

http://www.cyberbali.com/balibook.htm