I'm looking for friends

Hi everyone,

I'm totally new in HCMC and I would like to have tips about interesting places, restaurants and bar to visit.

can anyone help me on that?

thanks

Daniele

Hi Daniele,

You can find interesting bars, clubs on Pham Ngu Lao Street or around District 1. Others I can recommend are museums such as War Remnants, Vietnamese History, Fine Arts etc (you can google relevant information for your concern), historic places such as Palace of Reunification, Cu Chi Tunnel, and Nha Rong Port. If you like to learn about culture, you should visit pagodas (Vinh Nghiem, Xa Loi ...) and traditional temples, or make a tour to District 5 known as the China Town of Ho Chi Minh City. And for a nice weekend, you'd better spend some time in Vung Tau known as Cap Saint Jaques during the French colonial time, or Can Gio, in which there is good seafood. And you can consider for travelling to Lai Thieu or Hoc Mon if you like the countryside (tropical fruits are available).

I hope which are mentioned above can  do some help for you in one way or another.

Have a great time in Viet Nam, Daniele  :D

Hi,

Welcome to VN, Hope you will have a great time here.
1. Sightseeing, There are a lot of places you can visit in Saigon Center: Notre Dame basilica, Independent palace, City Post Office, City Opera, War Remnants, Ben Thanh market, (the distance of these places is so near).
2. Entertainment, You can consider The area of Bui Vien, Pham Ngu Lao, De Tham, Nguyen Trai, Tran Hung Dao. There are many foreigners here, especially at night. Some bars and beer clubs GO2, Crazy Buffalo (both in International Intersection:De Tham, Pham Ngu Lao)  , Seventeen Saloon and Allez Boo (Pham Ngu Lao). Dont forget to have a great night at Chill Sky Bar at AB tower If you want to see the whole view of City and enjoy the music.
3. Architecture, This field is not my business, But being a Vietnamese, I see you should to visit some famous pagodas: Vinh Nghiem, Hoang Phap, Giac Lam (one of the Saigon's oldest pagodas), Xa Loi.., and Churches: Tan Dinh church (dist. 3), Hanh Thong Tay (Quang Trung St.), Chua Cuu The (Ky Dong St.), Mong Trieu (Nguyen Cuu Van St, a copy of Vatican Holy see). In addition, Vietnamese is a country with daily coffee culture, the space of coffee shop is very important, you can visit some as: Tram (100 Tran Huy Lieu), Legend Cafe (Nhat Chi Mai, Tan Binh Dist.) Huong Dong Noi (Au Co, Tan Binh dist.), Country house (Phan Van Tri, Go Vap), Olive Cafe lounge (Phan Van Tri, Go Vap dist.)...
Hope my information will help you during your vacation in Vietnam.
If you need more information, can ask me (sky: myxuan0304), I dont know all things but i can help you.

Welcome to VN

Hi,

I'm also moving to HCM for a few months in June to do a tefl course, and looking for friends or someone to share their experience over coffee.

Hello Alexy_Dao,

I live and study in Ho Chi Minh city. When you go to HCM City, I'll guide you to explore HCM and try Vietnamese food and coffee and whatever you want to know. I've just graduate university and maybe we at the same age :)

Hi quevu

Yes maybe we are. I'm 21. I am graduating from queen Mary university of London , I studied business management. I have interest in travelling and learning new cultures. I'm vietnamese but live in UK all my life so will definately be useful to make friends in Vietnam or gain knowledge from other people.

Hi Alexy_dao and Quevu,
I am a student in Hochiminh as well. I love making new friends so I would like to be friend to both of you.
I were a tour guide for Street food tour in hochiminh so I can bring both u to enjoy some food as I know...^=^!
Have a nice day guys..

Hi xuannguyen,

That's really nice if you, I am definately going to be in vietnam on 29th June so it'll be lovely to meet up since I do not know anyone in HCM. I am also a student, studying business management. But I am graduating this year that's why I am going to Vietnam for a while. :)

Hi Alexy,
Welcome to Hochiminh city and have fun  :kiss: . Be free to contact to me for any helps.

Thank you xuannguyen. I will definately keep your contact in mind if I come across any problems. :)

Hi friend,

To suggest about the place for relax, have fun in HCMC, i would tell you some nice coffee shop and bar like: RFC bar on Tu Xuong street and Acoustic bar in Ngo Thoi Nhiem street. There are very nice musical band at night from 8:30. I am fan of these places. For food, let try street food.
If you need any recommend, ask me. I am Saigoner . enjoy life here.

Hi you guys !
Delighted to have you reach, enjoy Vietnamese cuisine, exchange culture together, and so on.
Hope to see you all someday.
Stay in touch.
Cheers,
Minh

Hello!

I just arrived in HCMC and feel a bit overwhelmed, as I don't really know anyone here - if You feel like going out for coffee/restaurant, let me know:)
'Julie

Globe_trotter48 wrote:

Hello!

I just arrived in HCMC and feel a bit overwhelmed, as I don't really know anyone here - if You feel like going out for coffee/restaurant, let me know:)
'Julie

Hello Julie,
Nice to meet you.
It would be glad to explore, exchange and introduce to you HCMC. We may hang out and enjoy Vietnamese cuisine at night on weekday..
Drop me a line if you still be interested in
Cheers,

Globe_trotter48 wrote:

Hello!

'Julie

Hi Julie, do you think during your time here you can help me with my French? x

Hello everybody,

You can come and enjoy live Latin music banb and free salsa lessons on every Tuesday night from 8pm at Up Station 2nd floor at 2B Thi Sach, Dist 1. High heels night on Wednesday ticket for all ladies just 1$. Hiphop/trap on Thursday night. Booking number 0938977716  :) .
Hope you will have a great time there.
Cheers

Hey guys !
I'm new in HCMC for an internship, do you mind if I join your little group ? Or if you have any tips for me... It would help me a lot.
Thank you very much for your help, I really appreciate it !
Solène

solene642 wrote:

Hey guys !
I'm new in HCMC for an internship, do you mind if I join your little group ? Or if you have any tips for me... It would help me a lot.
Thank you very much for your help, I really appreciate it !
Solène

Hi Solene, Are you coming from France? :)

Yes I am ! :)

New to HCMC and Living in Dist 1 for now also looking to meet people and learn more about Vietnam. On a 3 month holiday.

Hello Mike, I live at district 1. Would you like to eat special food or going around city. I and my friend can go with you. Message me. I would happy to have friend, learning western culture and  improve my English

quevu wrote:

Hello Mike, I live at district 1. Would you like to eat special food or going around city. I and my friend can go with you. Message me. I would happy to have friend, learning western culture and  improve my English

Hi quevu,
I am Vietnamese native speaker, would love to join you all to make friend and explore HCMC as well. Enjoying Vietnamese cuisine is very excited.
Keep me updated if you guys can arrange time to enjoy together.
Cheers,
Minh

solene642 wrote:

Yes I am ! :)

Hi Solene,

I'm planning to study French as a third language (after German and English)... I don't know during your internship here, if you have time to help me with this language or not? We can exchange Vietnamese - French if you do want :)... Next month I also have a French Friend coming here for his internship. We may all be friend and share some times together.

Hi Everyone,
I am Richard.  Expat from Malaysia.  I wish to invite you all to our monthly gathering.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 25#2641224

we do Organize many different  activities from bbq,camping,trips n now a charity event,
Hope we can more support n more friends.

See you

Richard

Hi guys,
I am 26years old, native from senegal and living in paris,
I will come in HCMC at june 28th for an internship in D5, i will live in D1,
I will be glad to meet people to improve my english and make friends to go out at night and travel to discover the countries around!
feel free to let me a message!

Do you have a place to stay already? My building is on the boarder of d1 and d5 let me know.

I am here for at least two more months please feel free to look me up

i will arrive in HCMC on the 22nd! It's my first time in VN and I am looking for new friends to take me around and eat Vietnamese foods with! I'm a nice person I swear :)

Well only if you swear your nice.... I would be glad to take you around and show you a few places I have learned about.

kattie1120 wrote:

i will arrive in HCMC on the 22nd! It's my first time in VN and I am looking for new friends to take me around and eat Vietnamese foods with! I'm a nice person I swear :)

Nice and a little naive perhaps. Asking to meet strangers and saying you're nice, usually attracts the opposite.

Dear Kattie,

If you still there i will take you around to HCM to try some traditional Vietnam. ****. I work for Repsol in D1.

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not give phone numbers on the public forum.

Hi all

Iam Bao, let 's arrange the meeting for all of ou to meet up

Bao

Hey guys,

It seems like there's a lot of like-minded people here! Me and my boyfriend would love to meet more people too. Shall we all arrange to meet up at some point? We work all day Saturdays sadly but we are always free after 5pm on Sundays. We're also free on Thursdays.

Carla

many restaurants in district 2 and I live in district 2 but i like hang out in district 1 :) . that's be lovely if see you here

District 1 is easiest for us as we live in Tanh Binh and it's quite difficult getting there. We've been to district 2 once before though and it's great over there! Have you been to Saigon Outcast?

I don't stay near SaiGon Outcast . Another area and come Cat Lai Harbor only 5 minutes and come to Thao Dien around 10 minutes

I was viewing your post I was also thinking of meeting fellow foreigners. I have lived here more than 3 years and have a lot of VN friends but very little friends from other countries. If you like maybe we can meet up and share some ideas or have a coffee.

Nice to meet you . We can add phone number for hang out to drink coffee . I will like to have buddies from many country . Have you a nice day

Hey Daniele,
Here have many nice place and enjoy drinking or food . I came the deck in district 2 . It's nice place to enjoy Mojito cocktails . Some bar and club in district 1 is the best place . I hope you enjoy all .

Hi everyone,
I am Richard.  Expat from Malaysia.  I'm staying in Q2 thao dien @HAGL. Yeah...There are many nice restaurant and cafes in Q2. We can meet up fir a chat. I am also the organizer for the monthly gathering.  Do come and meet up the friends here
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=492890
See you
Cheers
Richard