Permanent Visa

Dear James, hope your doing great !!
Could please tell me the link how to check my Permanent Visa  process. i was submitted after sep 1st of 2014 in new  system.

Cheers !
Azar.

Yes, the link is below. NOTE: It will only work with Internet Explorer, it is not designed to work with Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.

https://servicos.dpf.gov.br/sincreWeb/p … ocesso.jsp

Cheers,
James       Expat-blog Experts Team

Dear James,

Actually i mis understood. i saw this link 2 weeks earlier and i check its was apporved.
excatly they took from my date of submission 10days to complete my  'Permanent Visa process  and update in computer and after 15 days later they sent me  email to collect my card.
please advice:
Future what i have do now ??is it everything is complete now are still have some more steps to goahead !!

cheers
Azar.

If they sent you an e-mail stating that you should collect your Cédula de Identidade Estrangeiro then go back to the DPF Delegacia where you applied and pick it up there. Take your protocolo.

Dear James,
i received my  Cédula de Identidade Estrangeiro , its validity for 10 years  and classification as permanente.

Thank you so much for your  quick respond to all my enquiry.
i wish you all the best and best wishes for Expat.com.

Regards,
Azar.

Hello Azarudeen,

I'd appreciate (I'm sure many will also do) if you share the process you followed to reach this stage.

Thanks and regards,

The steps which  i followed from marriage till my PR process !!

First step:
i went to POLICIA FEDERAL to get my ¨declarçao¨ certificate . this will be issue on same day and free of cost.

Second step
i took all my documents to translator and translated to portugues (it takes 5 days ) they charge me R$ 473.00

Third step:
i went to  ¨öficio de registro ¨ to register all my traslated document (it takes 2days) they charge me R$215,00

Fouth Step:
went to Civil Register office for request Marriage date. please take all your document and they will register and give date for the marriage  (for register document they charge R$321,00 )

Important Note(but here they register said they no need my Police clerance certificate  because i have my POLICIA FEDERAL declarçao¨ certificate  so i save R$21.00 from register in civil office .if i would went before my translating the document to check with register i might save 125R$ from translating .so you guys when u arrived take all ur document and go to register and meet with judge because he is one going to do all the  marriage formalities so he can say what documents they need and  u can save money and time)

fifth Step:
now you know your date of marriage. please go to the federal police website mark your appointment date for your Permanent Resident Visa  
ex: marriage date is 15 jan 2015  mark appoitment 2 or 3 day later like 18-jan-15 ,so that you can avoid last mintue rush and save time. then i took the printout, on  the day on my appointment  to police  i went  to bank and pay the charges and take recepit from bank and attached with my appliaction
payment #codigos da receita
140082  - R$64.58  (Isento para paises de lingua portuguesa)
140120 -  R$124.23     
140066 -  R$ 102.00(Isento para paises de lingua portuguesa)
here if applicant cant able to speak portgues you will have to pay all 3 amount which mention above R$ 290.81
if you speak portugues you can pay only  R$124.23.

sixth step:
get one set of photocoy of all the pages of your passport and to be register in  ¨öficio de registro ¨   & they will autenticate with seal in all the page.this is for Permanent Resident for federal police . one page  they will charge R$5,11 (SO they charge me R$56,00)

seventh step.
once marriage finished on same day you will get your  MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE now i already marked my date with federal police in website .so on the date go to federal police and submited my application 
(take your passport , Marriage certificate, photocopy of passport pages which autitcation seal , 3 passport photos(white background), bank recepit all  these document to be submit in police .once they accept they will give you protocol which is validity for 180days can renewal every 6 months untill you get your PR process.
note: police will stamp in your passport for stay extension based on  marriage)

eight step:
once you get your protocol. now you have to enter ministry of labour site to get appoitment for labour booklet for your employment.

after few weeks from fedral police they send me e mail to collect my Cédula de Identidade Estrangeiro Card.

so well plan before your marriage so that can save time &  money. all the best for all who is on going marriage process and PR Process.
(judge,police,staffs are very polite and they are very kind . they replied for all my enquiry special thanks for Belo Horizonte !
millions of thanks to my wife(because she prepared herself well and guided me well )

Best Wishes to Expat.com & Mr.James

cheers,
Azar !

Dear james,

I need your assistance .
I got my Cédula de Identidade Estrangeiro  and federal police said based on my marriage i can able to apply for naturalization in december 2015.

My question.
1.) i am working for passanger cruise ship.if i stay outside of brazil for 4 months and when i return  to brazil .while i am applying for naturalzation federal police will ask for police clerance certificate for my abseance of 4 months ?

2.) In  my case i will be sailing all 4 months in ship shore only and my embrakation and dis embraktion will be in europe or asia .

3.)My 1 year count will be start again from my return date or as date mention december 2015 i can apply for naturalzation.

please provide me your assistances.

Cheers !
Azar.

I really can't answer your question, because it will depend on the interpretation of the law used by the Federal Police Agent who takes your application. The legislation reads that one must have "uninterrupted" residency in the country for (in your case because of marriage) one year to qualify to apply. So it is possible that the officer might say your absence due to work can't be counted. Of course you could always argue that matter through a lawyer if it happens. My gut feeling is that they'd accept your application in December anyway.

The Police Clearance Certificate they're going to want for the naturalization application is the one issued by the authorities in your homeland. You may also be asked to obtain one from the police here in Brazil too in order to cover the period of your residence here.

Just don't forget that you must meet all of the standard requirements for naturalization, including passing a test of proficiency in the Portuguese language.

Cheers,
James        Expat-blog Experts Team

azar brother thank you so much your such kind
azar bro i want to ask you on this  Cédula de Identidade Estrangeiro Card. can we get brazilian passport or go other countries or this is work like identity car of brazil

Dear hafizullah Alishah ,

once you get this Cédula de Identidade Estrangeiro Card.you have to apply for Carteira de Trabalho (work book )then only you can find job in brazil.
Based on marriage .once you complete 1 year then you can apply for  naturalization, including passing a test of proficiency in the Portuguese language.

if you want to know  more leagl information or query  note to Mr.James . he has vast experience and  more knowlegde about all formalities .he will guide in right path !!

regards,
azar.

What is the naturalization process and what are its requirements? Why is it necessary for a foreigner? I spent one year here in Brazil without marriage. Will this year be counted to my naturalization?

Naturalization is the act of becoming a Brazilian citizen. It is NOT necessary, nor is it guaranteed. It is at the discretion of the Brazilian government, to grant it or not to those applicants who meet all the requirements.

Ordinary naturalization, means one must wait for 4 years from the time they obtain their permanent resident status. That may be reduced to 1 year when the applicant is married to a Brazilian or has a Brazilian born child.

In your case the count will not include the time you have already been in Brazil, only from the point where  you get permanency.

Requirements are basically a clear criminal record, passing a test of fluency in Portuguese, and permanent residence in the country for the prescribed period of time.

Cheers,
James

Hafizullah Alishah!
You dont need to pay R$321,00 to Civil Register office if you go with your fiancée to Cortorio de Procuraçao to get a letter that explains that you want to celebrate your marriage as ``free`` (gratuito). Civil Register office will guide you in this regards.

Respected Sir!
today, I went to visit the FP and they said; Police Clearance Certificate is not required for permanant visa. Civil Register Office also did not ask about any Police Clearance Certificate. I have a ``Police Clearance Certificate`` of my home-country but is not attested by embassy of Brazil. It is only attested by our Foreign Ministry and Police department. I applied for another ``Local Police Clearance Certificate`` inside my home country. My new ``police clearance certificate``  would be workable in future for naturalization process? Or at that time, It would be needed to present a new one?

Sir!
I submitted my document for permanat visa and received a card (a paper) that has my RNE number, photo, parent´s names and sign & stamp of FP. It is valid for one year. The police did not issue any further document or paper. The police officer took my signature about Crime Clearance Rocrod on a paper. He did not ask about ``Police Clearance Certificate`` of my home country. I requested to stamp my passport but he said; it is not necessary. He further said: you can apply for carteira de trabalho but for it, there is another special office for foreigners where they can apply for workpermit. he said: Carteira de trabalho needs your two pictures. Do I need any further document/paper from police? What is another process, in future? Thanks!!!

Actually the Federal Police are supposed to stamp your passport "Registrado como Permanente" and you should go back and ask them to do so.

The protocol you received and (if your permanency application was based on marriage) a copy of your marriage certificate and two photos 3X4 are what you need to take to the Regional Superintendency of the Ministry of Labor to request your work permit (Carteira de Trabalho e Previdência Social - CTPS).

Please, what documents do I need, to apply for permanent residence visa, based on a Brazilian child? And how long do I have to stay in Brazil to qualify to apply for permanent residence?

The documents required to apply for Permanência Definitiva com base em prole brasileiro are as follows:

2. The request for stay based on Brazilian offspring, according to art. 75, item II, letter "b", of Law No. 6,815, of August 19, 1980, and Normative Resolution 108, 2014, the CNIg:

2.1. clear and legible application form;

2.2. authenticated, clear and complete copy of the passport or equivalent travel document;

2.3. certified copy of the identity card of other parent of the Brazilian child;

2.4. certified copy of the offspring birth certificate;

2.5. statement that the offspring lives under his guardianship and economic dependence, notarized;

2.6. certified copy of the final judgment of the child support order (Pensão Alimenticia) with ordered visits if the alien does not have custody of the child;

2.7. statement that he/she has not been tried or convicted criminally in Brazil or abroad; and

2.8 proof of payment of the applicable fees.

You can apply for permanency immediately, if all the required documents and forms are present and in proper order then permanency is granted immediately and you are registered in the RNE, you also apply for you civil ID (Cédula de Identidade Estrangeiro - CIE) at the same time and will wait 60 days or so in order to receive it.

Once you have been granted permanency, you are only permitted to be outside of Brazil for 2 years (maximum), based on entry/exit stamps in your passport, at which point you would lose permanent status, except for cases where the absence is beyond your control such as being hospitalized.

Cheers,
James        Expat-blog Experts Team

James, thanks so much such complete and concise information. I'm eternally grateful

Hi! I have a permanent visa and It was said by you that I had no right to participate in ``concurso publico``. There was a girl with permanent visa and she participated in concurso publico. She was from a country of North America.

All public service positions are RESERVED strictly for Brazilian citizens. She's either got dual citizenship US/Brazilian or she has illegally entered the "concurso". Only once you've naturalized as a Brazilian citizen can you enter.

Cheers,
James      Expat-blog Experts Team