Inquiry

Good day!

I am currently working now as a Safety Officer in Yanbu. My manager ask me to register and become a member of Saudi Council of Engineers to upgrade my salary, but I am hesitant to because I am not a registered Mechanical Engineer in our country (Philippines). I already 5 years working in my company and the position in my IQAMA is Sailor. Am I still qualified to become a member in Saudi Council of Engineers?

Anyone who have an idea of my concerns, kindly help me!

Thank you!

If your profession in Iqama is not an engineer, then you don't need to register with Saudi Engr Council.

Thank you for the reply Sir. Actually the purpose is my company offer me an engineering position that is why I want to become a member in Saudi Council of Engineers but I have no idea if I am qualified because in the Philippines I am not a registered or license.

so if your company is going to change your position to engineering, then your profession on Iqama shall also be changed? If this is the case i.e. you profession on Iqama is also going to change Engineer, then for sure you need SCE registration.

The question Sir is if I am qualified to become a member in Saudi Council of Engineers because I am not a license/registered Mechanical Engineer in the Philippines.

Irrelevant of whether you are registered or not in your home country, you can register yourself in SCE.  However, they will surely get your certificate verified from the concerned University.