Expat Relocation / work Packages for a Healthcare Professional

Hi there!

Happy New Year :-)

My Husband, two small children and I are looking to relocate to Malta (in or near to St Julian's) very soon (March 2015).

I would like to work and wondered if anyone has experience of:

* negotiating a relocation package, or what salary I could look to receive as either a Midwife or Quality and Patient Safety Manager / employee

* Negotiating health benefits as part of their package i.e., family health insurance

* Negotiating housing allowance

Lastly, does anyone know of any vacancies I could consider?

Many thanks in advance,

Natalie

Many thanks

Hi Natalie,

midwife salary is around 1500 €/month. Speaking Maltese would be of advantage.

I don't think any of your other specifications exist in Malta . I have never heard of a Quality/Patient Safety Manager but if , then I'm sure you would have to speak and write Maltese.

Anybody employed pays National Insurance.

Midwife is a regulated health profession in Malta  and requires registration and listing as a midwife/nurse.

Housing allowance in Malta ? Never heard of it ! Have you been to Malta?

Cheers
Ricky

I think by housing allowance she means that employee pays her XY sum each month extra for rent.
Which actually is regular stuff (at least in gaming/IT industry) when you are moving from abroad, for exp. my new company payed my full relocation costs (plane tickets, transport of belongings,...) + for 6 month they gave me extra money on my pay according to rent contract and sum I need to pay each month

but I have a feeling that she doesn't have a job offer and is searching for one, and to be honest so far I haven't heard of such package offered to anyone outside gaming/IT industry

Hi Duxx,
I agree totally !

The better your qualifications and value for your future employer you have , the more likely you will be able to negotiate extra perks as part of your salary..

But as a general line I think they don't exist in Malta and why should they ? Negotiate your salary!

Cheers
Ricky