Hyderabad... best place to live in the city? Car prices? Schools?

My family is considering a move to Hyderabad.  What is the best, cleanest, safest place to live in the city?  Best school for american children who only speak English?  Car prices and ways to locate them?  Furniture and cost of living in general?  I know it is a lot to ask but any information on this city would be fantastic.  Also, we have a teenage daughter who would be starting high school... will she have a difficult time in this city?

mndevine wrote:

My family is considering a move to Hyderabad.  What is the best, cleanest, safest place to live in the city?  Best school for american children who only speak English?  Car prices and ways to locate them?  Furniture and cost of living in general?  I know it is a lot to ask but any information on this city would be fantastic.  Also, we have a teenage daughter who would be starting high school... will she have a difficult time in this city?

well best would be banjara hills..

international school of hyderabad.

car and transportation is available not to worry about.

you can ring me in the number provided in ur message..inbox

best places to live is banjarahills, jublee hills, kompally, gachibowli etc etc.

there are plenty of international schools here so u can choose them when u arrive here,

furniture woudnt be that much expensive compared to US but it is affordable and about ur transporation... you can buy a new hatchback cars for 8000$ to 15000$ depending on ur budget. many companies to choose from suzuki to jaguars to volkswagen. ur daughter woudnt find it difficult as there are already foriegn students studying here in hyderabad

Hi,
Hyderbad is nice and heavily populated city in india.
Banjara Hills is the right place to get for frogeiners .There were many international schools in the city it is not problome for comunication .In city max number of people can understand and speak in english.Cost of lliving in the city for a family is varies but for forgieners who used to live lavishly life it will be max.1000USDpm to1200USD,car rates starts frm 2500USD.Shopping malls,multiplexies,restuarents,pubsevrything will be in offerable rates.According to a survey conducted by govt of india hyderbad is less cost of livig with high facilities.
Hope you can estimate the life inn hyd

Hi Hyderabad is wors place, very unplanned, you can not trade with Loyalty. very few jobs are availble and those only for technical field
Heavy exploitaion.
If you have qualification and some money better go to Dubai

hi that jayad is wrong
as  Hyderabad is the fastest city which developed in many  ways

looks like jayad had tough time here,

what he said is true to a limited parts of the city, may be its there where he lives.

the best place would be Jubilee hills or Banjara hills.

Kompally will be considered sub-urban, not very appropriate.

if you feel like staying in city center, Masab tank area or Adarsh-nagar area is also fine.

you can start reading online news papers of Hyderabad, you will find almost everything in that.

news papers are Deccan Chronicle, Times of India,

I am not worried about finding work.  He would already have a position there with IBM in HiTech City.  We would be bringing 2 or 3 children and enjoy living a more lavish lifestyle.  I am having a problem locating an online real estate site for finding rentals with photos.  What would be the best location to live in regards to his work and for english speaking american children is private school the only option?

did you try news e-paper for real estate, cars, schools?

dc-epaper.com/DC/DCH/2011/02/11/INDEX.SHTML

Hello MNdevine,
how are you ? well hyderabad is the best place to live i feel,as i read your previous posts it is mentioned that he already has job with IBM near hitech city, i would recommend you to stay somewhere near madhapur region as it is pretty near to the hitech city and the rental rates of an flat can start from 15000 and can go uptill 25000. you do have many internation schools in that area too, if you need anytin else then do let me know
regards,
Vin

banjara hills, jubiliee hills are good cosmo communities.

incidently i went my home jewel this weekend while checking properties to invest. it seems like a fabulous place to live, but i don;t think its a property for expats to start living. its very far away from towns, if u dont have a vehicle all the best walking 5 kms to the nearest public transport!

anyways, if u have a vehicle.. u can buy a nice 3 bedroom apt here for 100,000 US$ approximately.

i find it really really annoying that hyderabad does not have studio apartments and 1 bedroom apartments and bachelors are forced to live without privacy and share houses if they cant afford to rent a full 3 bhk palace.

it might b a nexus between builders and real estate agents to create such fake crisis and make more money.

also the hostels on offer can be really uncomfortable for long term use (usually at 8000 rupees (about 170 US$) per month.) But are a good option if you want to stay for a few days.

i would like to see the industry offer better options for bachelors like studio apartments and 1BHK flats in good buildings and societies.

heh myhome's ad post removed heh.. ignore  the 1st 4 lines of my post...

If job is on hand you need not worry and should think of having a 3BHK flat on rental in Banjara Hills area. You may check on flatwithoutbrokers.com and post your requirement as well. Other website is magicbrick.com

Y U NO 1BHK .. 3BHK FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU :D

@psysid: Could you please avoid posting in caps lock on the forum?

Thanks
Armand

sure dude :|

mndevine wrote:

Okay not a Bad option movie Hyderabad , In general City is safe unless it is old city but yeah Banjara hills and jubilee hills is for the sophisticated guys .

I bet you will have only tough time when they can only speak English , just like in america if you dont know english.

Okay your daughter if she is an american a white , I bet she will face though time to get used to hyd  . you can guess indians are so crazy about Teenage whites but its not bad They are so crazy to make some friendship or date .

summary:
- I bet you will be treated like very nice , every one cares to invite you or make friendship with other continent fellows
-expect extra attention is both good an bad ways
-Better shut your american arrogance or so called culture , i know you dont mean be arrogant but it sounds that way,people are so sensitive here  .
-expect loads pollution
-enjoy food
-forget night life
-dont suggest your daughter wear fancy clothes
-better learn local language