Cost of living?

I was wondering if anybody could tell me!!
Can I live quite comfortable in Ho Chi Minh City for around 1600 us dollars pr month?

Like a king if you're not into Whores

jakobsenerik99 wrote:

Can I live quite comfortable in Ho Chi Minh City for around 1600 us dollars pr month?

I guess it,s dependant on the life style to which you are accustomed. One man,s "quite comfortable" is another mans "basic"

jakobsenerik99 wrote:

To assist you try www.numbeo.com  you can work out cost of living in HCMC

YES , YOU CAN LEAVE THERE WITH THAT AMOUNT OF MONEY. IF YOU ARE NOT SO CHOOSY ON OTHER THINGS AND YOU CAN OR FIND A CHEAPEST HOUSE THAT YOU ARE GOING TO RENT.

uolam3579 wrote:

YES , YOU CAN LEAVE THERE WITH THAT AMOUNT OF MONEY. IF YOU ARE NOT SO CHOOSY ON OTHER THINGS AND YOU CAN OR FIND A CHEAPEST HOUSE THAT YOU ARE GOING TO RENT.

Could you please power your caps lock when posting. It is considered rude to post in uppercase and is regarding to be the same as shouting at someone.

Thank you for your understanding.

You can also move down river to Vung Tau. I'm guessing it is 30 to 40% cheaper. One hour and twenty minutes by boat or 2 hours by van to get there.

If just for your daily life , would be quite good life, for rent 800us, traffic fee 200.000d(10us)/ day , food300.000(15us)/day

I have lived in Vietnam for some time now. I would estimate about 700 USD a month outside of tourist areas and about 1000 if within. I wrote an article on retiring in Vietnam that might help. http://owee58.com/2014/08/27/retire-in-vietnam/

My boyfriend and I are currently living off $1750 between us a month and we are having an amazing time. We even rent out a nice little apartment Tan Binh district with that and still manage to head into district one for fun stuff on our days off etc. If you don't mind cooking a couple times a week and avoid costly chain restaurants its easy to make your money go far here.

For 800 usd a month.  The house better be a huge villa

Hi guys we've just moved here for a month and are also in an appartnent in the same area at the manor just wondering if you were near here!
Best wishes Fiona

Foonabarton wrote:

Hi guys we've just moved here for a month and are also in an appartnent in the same area at the manor just wondering if you were near here!
Best wishes Fiona

Is this in reference to my post? If so, we're in Tan Binh right by Cong Hoa!

Why the hell do you care about his source of income? And before or after tax is a min difference.

Yes you are right.  For 1700 bucks a month you can live a very comfy life. I dont understand the others saying you need 3 to 4 k usd to  live here.  My bills are about 800 usd a month and I live in a compound about twice the sizes of a villa.  I'm not in saigon.  But even there a man coukd live quite well on 1000 usd