New to the City !!!

Hello

To all my fellow indians in istanbul. I am looking at a potential move to Istanbul  and just wanted to get a sense of what's it like for indian's to live in istanbul, are there many indians around? what is the average cost of living, medical facilities, is language an issue?

Any advise would be realy really helpful

hilalkv wrote:

Hello

To all my fellow indians in istanbul. I am looking at a potential move to Istanbul  and just wanted to get a sense of what's it like for indian's to live in istanbul, are there many indians around? what is the average cost of living, medical facilities, is language an issue?

Hey
i m living in istanbul from last 6 weeks. its beautiful city very green and modern.
There are not Indians around here but surely you will able to get in contact with few of them through this site
once u have health insurance which is must if you want to get living permission you dont have to much about medical
language is issue as most people speak only in turkish its better to learn lil bit and very easy as its in latin and many similar words with hindi urdu,
cost of living depends on which locality you live in it can start from 500 lira per month onward
Regards
Rohit

rohit_shushant wrote:
hilalkv wrote:

Hello

Hey
i m living in istanbul from last 6 weeks. its beautiful city very green and modern.
There are not Indians around here but surely you will able to get in contact with few of them through this site
once u have health insurance which is must if you want to get living permission you dont have to much about medical
language is issue as most people speak only in turkish its better to learn lil bit and very easy as its in latin and many similar words with hindi urdu,
cost of living depends on which locality you live in it can start from 500 lira per month onward
Regards
Rohit

Very green city?? where do you live man? :):) pls dont get me wrong it is just a joke... by the way cost of living much more than 500TL I think it starts 750USD

Good luck

i live in tuzla area  ,,,and i think its green may be coz its in the extreme end of the city:P
and still turkey is really very beautiful naturally if you move lil bit away from center city:)
and cost of living usually proportion to the standard of living i think in 500 lira you can manage if you rent flat with room mate and make food at home.
This was just my opinion  no offence:)

then you are right tuzla is green location but it is in middle of nowhere :)) at least 50km far away from city center.. anyway as I said it was just a joke... Also if you can manage to live by 500 TL in Istanbul then it is posibble but in my opinion it is impossible.

I wrote all of these things to give an information to hilalkv so pls dont get personally.

Greetings to both of you

elmanchego wrote:

then you are right tuzla is green location but it is in middle of nowhere :)) at least 50km far away from city center.. anyway as I said it was just a joke... Also if you can manage to live by 500 TL in Istanbul then it is posibble but in my opinion it is impossible.

I wrote all of these things to give an information to hilalkv so pls dont get personally.

Greetings to both of you

Bro i took nothing personally and you are right about all things related to turkey :)
and i appreciate this fact of yours that as a local you are helping people from other countries:)
i m not regular traveller but i can compare between india and Turkey and in that sense even the parts like tuzla which is 50 km away and have lot green areas have all facilities available :)

Regards
Rohit

what is a good monthly earning to have a good living in Istanbul

Of course it depends on what is good living for you but if you want to live in city center at least you should earn 1.500 USD I think.