Montessori School in Cuenca

My family is coming to Cuenca this summer for approximately 2 months. We are going to be taking Spanish lessons some mornings and were hoping that we could enroll our 3 1/2 year old daughter in Montessori school. She currently attends a Montessori school and we thought it would be easier for her to adjust because she would understand the activities at the school and learn some of the language.

Thank you for any advice or help.  - Jenni

A videographer named Rich posted clips of kids participating in said activities at the Galan Montessori school in Cuenca, at the following web addresses:

vimeo.com(forward-slash)81313311 -- 2 min. 40 sec. of indoor activities

vimeo.com(forward-slash)76388306 -- 1:40 of playground activities

There are also still photos from the school with commentary, if you google:

indulgentadventures.blogspot.com montessori cuenca ecuador

-- cccmedia in Quito

cccmedia wrote:

clips of kids participating in said activities at the Galan Montessori school in Cuenca...

Operating off a hunch that a school in Ecuador might be using the name Montessori without the imprimatur of Montessori Societies, I found that the Galan Montessori school is NOT among the six schools in Ecuador listed at the Montessori Connections website.

The only school in Cuenca listed at the Connections website is:

Infantil Academia Montessori
Juan Jose Flores 1-29 y Paseo de los Canaris
Programs:  Infants, Toddlers, Early Childhood

Of the other five Montessori schools in Ecuador listed on that website, one is in Guayaquil...and the other four are in Pichincha Province, two in metro Quito and two in Santo Domingo de los Colorados (EC's fourth largest city).

Source: www.montessoriconnections.com

To find out more about the Galan Montessori school, two email addresses (from last July) are available via the gringopost website:

Spanish:  [email protected]

English:  [email protected]

Monthly tuition is listed as $120.
(gringopost.com)

cccmedia in Quito

Thank you so much! I have been searching for a true Montessori school. I will check it out.

Jenni

Has anyone had any more experience with the Montessori schools in Cuenca since the last posting? I may be working in Cuenca for two months over the summer (mid-May-end of July) and am looking for a school for my daughter, who will be 2 1/2 when we go.
Also, is it possible that the two Montessori schools mentioned are the same place?  I looked up their locations on the map and they seem very close together.

I contacted Galen school via email, Facebook and calling. I even had a friend email them in Spanish. They did not respond. I think if you would go there once you get there and speak to them it might be better.

We found a wonderful caring place for our daughter. I will contact them via Facebook and get their contact info if you would like. It's more a traditional preschool but the teachers were so nice and our daughter loved it.

Jenni

Thanks, Jenni! I would love to get the info for the place that you found.  Trying to do this from a distance is so hard and we won't have much time to look before I actually have to work, so any personal recommendations would be very helpful.
thanks again,
Anisa

The person that ran the school left and went to another place. She is wonderful. This is the place she went. Mundo Creativo

You can look it up on Facebook. She speaks some English and said she would help you in anyway she can. Her name is Ma. Jose Guerra Acosta.  (She goes by Ma Jo pronounced maho)

Let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Fantastic, thank you so much.  I don't know if I'm definitely going yet, but I am trying to get as much information as possible now.  The big thing is that my husband is unable to come with me, so I will be single-parenting and working full time in a foreign country. I've been to Ecuador before, and speak Spanish (though my daughter doesn't) but this is a totally different  kind of trip.  Do you have any recommendations about neighborhoods that are kid-friendly- places with parks and little tiendas nearby?  Any and all child-friendly activities that you did would be great.  Also, did you guys do all your cooking and house cleaning or did you hire someone? I'm thinking about trying to get some domestic help but wasn't sure where to start.
thanks again,
Anisa

What's your email?

xxx  - thanks again for acting as a resource.  I've never traveled abroad with my child before, so this is a bit of an undertaking.

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please kindly exchange your personal contacts via the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

anisa.may,  Did you make your trip to Cuenca? If so, what school did you end up at? I will be going for 3 months next June with my daughter also.

I'm interested abt this too. Bookmarking.

Hi Jenni!

I feel like you are the perfect person to put my mind at ease. I am looking for a place in cuena to place my daughter (5yrs). We are mocing there in a month and i lost. Do you hsve any suggestions. Also what are some great kid resources and activities you found in Cuenca. I have 2 girls, 5 & almost 2.
Id appreciate any help. Thanks for your time!

Sincerly,
NedA