Finding an Internship in Iran

Hi everybody, and Happy New (Non-Persian) Year to you all !

My name is Mohamad Adel Soudan, I am a 22-years old student in International Marketing and Management, I hold one bachelor from the United Kingdom, and I am currently looking for a 6-months internship to finish another Bachelor from France. My family is originaly from Syria, and I wanted to have an experience in an approaching country (obviously I can't go to Syria at the moment..). I already worked in Jordan, but the culture is already quite different. For that reason, I was really interested in having an experience in Tehran, not counting how valuable this could be for my future career.

I've searched the whole web to find some internship websites, but the only one I found was to help discovering Nuclear Weapons in Iran.. ("Iran Watch"... sic). Maybe you would know some more enjoyable opportunities ? :D

I had also some questions about the everyday life there :

- Is it expensive to live and to rent a flat in Tehran (For a Western expat) ?
- Is it possible to communicate with the people in English, or maybe Arabic or Turkish ? If not, do you know any place to learn Farsi ?
- I got tricked once, when I was working in Jordan, as they asked me to declare my religion. Then, as a Muslim I was prevented to buy any alcoholic product or to invite women to my flat if they were not from my family. Is it somehow similar in Iran ?
- Is it easy for French people to obtain a family-visit visa ? (Planing on having my parents coming to visit me at some point)

Thank you all for reading (and maybe answering) my questions, and I apologize if I posted in the wrong section of the forum (First-time user charity ? :) )

Bonjour,

je peux répondre à quelques unes des tes questions
- Téhéran n'est pas très chère, seuls les appartement sont un peu onéreux, surtout pour les expats, mais la vie est bon marché à partir du moment où tu consommes les produits du pays
- Beaucoup de gens parlent anglais, et il n'y a aucune difficulté à communiquer avec eux. Les plus âgés parlent en général français aussi, et les gens du Sud Ouest parlent arabe, mais ils ne sont pas si nombreux à Téhéran
- Personne ne pose de questions sur la religion, sauf par curiosité, on ne t'embêtera pas que tu sois musulman ou autre. Il est par contre théoriquement interdit de vendre de l'alcool aux musulmans et la consommation leur est interdite.
- Personne ne s'intéresse aux personnes que tu invites chez toi, cela fait partie du domaine privé  et tout le monde respecte ça. Par contre, il est interdit de louer une chambre d'hôtel aux couples non mariés, sauf dans le cas d'étrangers (passeport d'une autre nationalité)
- les visas touristiques de 14 jours peuvent être obtenus sans problème à l'arrivée à l'aéroport, il y a un formulaire à remplir avec une réservation d'hôtel ou les références de la personne qui héberge.

Quant à ton stage, il faudrait me donner plus de détails sur ce que tu recherches exactement, je peux peut être me renseigner. Sinon, tu peux t'inscrire sur ce site et demander des renseignement: les-amis-francophones-de-teheran.blog4ever.com/
J espère t'avoir été utile!

@marie13456

As this is an Anglophone forum could you please post in ENGLISH only so that others can understand your post. 

If you wish to post in another language please click on the flag icon, top right hand corner of the page and select from the drop down box.
Thank you.

Hi,don't worry about language and whatever related in iran. I'm speaking arabic,persian and english languages.Iran is a beautiful country to visit.mr Mohamad Adel anytime welcome to iran.i'm here to help you.