Travel Ban in bahrain

Hi to All,

I just need clarification regarding travel ban in bahrain as I have an impending predicament on this regard. My company has decided not to renew my contract and they have even terminated earlier due to bahrainization, as they said. I am just worried that I might hold at the airport due to travel ban because I have an outstanding loan with a bank. Nevertheless, i never fail to settle my due on a monthly basis. I even retain an ample amount in my account to cover the months of looking for a new job. I'm actually trying to look for a job here in bahrain but to no avail. Most of my applications are outside bahrain. Fortunately, landing for a new job will definitely help to settle my due with the bank. I am due to leave for few weeks and I am worried about this. can somebody advise me? is it possible that the bank will be able to see that I am no longer valid to work in bahrain which will prompt them to impose a travel ban on me?

When a contract ends, the employer usually informs the bank that you are no longer associated with them. It is up to the bank to decide what action to take after this information but they usually hold whatever balance you have on your account in order to secure their repayment. If the loan you have is substantial, the bank will be more willing to take further precautions in order to secure their loan made to you.

I would strongly suggest to find ways of settling your loan with the bank if you don't want to have any troubles in Bahrain or elsewhere in the future.

I'd presume that if you have been brought in and work is providing your work visa and you now don't work for them and wish to leave the country, any substantial monies you owe would need to be paid back before you're permitted to go, otherwise what's stopping every expat here getting loan after loan and then upping and leaving without paying the money back at the end of their contracts????  :/
Most countries and banks will want any money owing paid back, you could end up with bad credit rating which may affect any loans you wish to take out in the future, I'd be finding a way to pay the loan off before leaving.