Family reunification visa

Hi,

I have applied for the family reunification visa for my wife in India. It has been 1 month and there has been no reply from VFS or Brussels.
Does anyone here have any experience with this type of visa? We received a letter of approval of documents from the VFS stating that the documents submitted have been approved. Also, this was 2 weeks ago and after that there has been no communication from their side.

Any idea regarding the time required for this visa would be really helpful!

Thanks!

(Below info is assuming that you applied for your wife's visa after you arrived in Belgium. )

Nowadays all such files are being sent to Belgium to make the decision.

Once the file is sent to Belgium, the average lead time nowadays is 2-4 months. If your file is sent to Belgium, VFS in India, must be able to provide you a letter stating that it is sent, and also provide you a reference number of the file sent to Belgium.  After the file is sent to Belgium, VFS has zero visibility or control on the further workflow of the file..

With that file reference number, you must be able to see the current status in https://dofi.ibz.be/sites/dvzoe/EN/Appl … ation.aspx

Please note that it takes 3 weeks to 5 weeks for the file number to get updated in the system, after it is sent to Belgium. Once the file number starts showing some status, it may take 1-2-3 months to get a decision.

If your wife's visit has to meet some timelines  and if you have sufficient documents to justify it, you can appeal for a fast processing (it is approved in rare cases like for example she has to join a university and the course start date is approaching)..

Hope this helps.

How long it will take for visa procedure? 'm Sri lankan and my wife is Belgium Citizen. i'm going to apply my visa through Mumbai in next month. If we'll hire a lawyer , the procedure gonna be fast??

hello,

i need some information on applying dependent visa. I would be applying visa to join my spouse who has a permanent resident with B card. Please let me know the process and the documents needed.
1) the website says that documents should not be older than 6 months, is this the Document re issue date or the Apostille date?

2) do we also need to get the Police clearance certifcate Apostille ?

3) what is the visa processing time.

thanks.
karishma

Some previous threads in which these subjects are discussed.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=1884152https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 73#2316077

1) the website says that documents should not be older than 6 months, is this the Document re issue date or the Apostille date?
-> They have to be re-issued. The date is document re-issue date.

2) do we also need to get the Police clearance certifcate Apostille ?
-> Yes

3) what is the visa processing time.
-> Currently the average time is 4-5 months.

Hi..did u receive dependent visa for your wife..i applied in the month of March.Can you please inform how many days will take for approval.I check with vfs india,they inform me as file sent to belgium on 04.05.2015.but i check in belgium websit.no update..

i'll have my interview with Belgium embassy end of this month. anybody face this interview??

Hiring a lawyer cannot expedite your visa process. However, your visa will anyways be handled *slightly* faster because you're married to an EU national (Directive 2004/38/EC , please google).

Please prepare you papers well and completely with correct stamps, photocopies etc. This will help your visa process go smoother for sure.

All the best!