Delay Post Labour Clearance for SME's

Hello everyone,
There are lots of questions already been asked for delays in visa and labour clearance but I need to know about this for SME's as I got a job offer from SME.

My employer started the process in early August and the position I got was previously held by an expat so I guess Visa was there.

I came to know in November that the Labour Clearance was initially rejected due to changing rules and later my employer got the LC in mid of November.

I need to know that does stamping my name of Visa takes more than 1 and a half month? Is this delay normal?

Any help would be appreciated and I would like to request Mr. Sumitran and Schaz to throw some light please. I would really appreciate that.
Thank you :)

Hi Reyyan,

Delays in getting the employment visa issued is very common - more so in recent times.

And no employer really has any say in the matter - unless they are in the top 2 or 3 like for example the PDO, Bahwans or the Zawawis.

Well, there are some other big business conglomerates too who might be able to use some influence. But not all. The decision mostly rests with the Ministry of Manpower.

If clearance is available for the company, then surely the employment visa will come. It is just a matter of time. This weekend will be a long weekend as Sunday is a declared national holiday.

Good luck.

Sumitran wrote:

Hi Reyyan,

Delays in getting the employment visa issued is very common - more so in recent times.

And no employer really has any say in the matter - unless they are in the top 2 or 3 like for example the PDO, Bahwans or the Zawawis.

Well, there are some other big business conglomerates too who might be able to use some influence. But not all. The decision mostly rests with the Ministry of Manpower.

If clearance is available for the company, then surely the employment visa will come. It is just a matter of time. This weekend will be a long weekend as Sunday is a declared national holiday.

Good luck.

Thank you so much Sumitran ji. One more quick question though. Are visas getting rejected too or they are just getting delayed?

Sir....waiting...:)

Hi Reyyan,

The mandate of the authorities is to reduce the number of expatriates coming in new to Oman as much and as far as possible. That is the reason why there are so many conditions, rules and regulations that have been put in place. That is also the reason for the delays in getting the employment visas processed and issued.

If the company fails to meet the stipulated criteria of Omanisation percentage, and if they do not hold the required job clearance then the employment visa for which they apply would get rejected. What companies then do is to try and work around the issue by applying for an employment visa using whatever clearance that they may possess. That is why authorities cross check the candidates educational certificates with the employment visa requested for to see if the credentials of the candidate being recruited matches with the job being offered.

Good luck.

Sumitran wrote:

Hi Reyyan,

The mandate of the authorities is to reduce the number of expatriates coming in new to Oman as much and as far as possible. That is the reason why there are so many conditions, rules and regulations that have been put in place. That is also the reason for the delays in getting the employment visas processed and issued.

If the company fails to meet the stipulated criteria of Omanisation percentage, and if they do not hold the required job clearance then the employment visa for which they apply would get rejected. What companies then do is to try and work around the issue by applying for an employment visa using whatever clearance that they may possess. That is why authorities cross check the candidates educational certificates with the employment visa requested for to see if the credentials of the candidate being recruited matches with the job being offered.

Good luck.

Sire....thank you so much for your response. I am just getting worried now because the whole process gonna touch 6 months timeline soon.  :|

With the falling oil prices all GCC markets which are solely dependent on their petro-dollar revenues are slowing down.

This year is predicted by experts to be a tough one for everyone - governments, businesses, employers and employees.

The only hope is that the oil prices should stabilise soon and more importantly must start going up again.

Sumitran wrote:

With the falling oil prices all GCC markets which are solely dependent on their petro-dollar revenues are slowing down.

This year is predicted by experts to be a tough one for everyone - governments, businesses, employers and employees.

The only hope is that the oil prices should stabilise soon and more importantly must start going up again.

Thank you so much Sir for your continued response. Will keep every posted about my timeline.  :)

Hi every one, I only to ask what is the meaning of: "we have received your final approval from the Ministry of Manpower."  It is means that we have LC? we submitted all the documents on october and this reply was on 28 january.

After in other mail they told my husband that visa would take 10 days, but this week (Thursday) one month ago that they told this and we are waiting, for this reason I am confused because I supossed LC was approved but visa have taken long time! (more than 10 days) in other email after this they wrote that HR to proceed for your clearance & visa ... I dont understand in what stage of procces we are!

Thank you!