Clearance from Labour Ministry

Dear All

I have already received offer letter for my job and it is subject to clearance from Ministry of labour.Kindly advise on following :

1) The job for which I have an offer letter was previously held by an expat, in this case is it faster to receive the clearance and if so then approx how much time can it take.

2) Till the time I receive my labour clearance is there any way my employer can call me and work in Muscat so as to to utilize the time taken for obtaining clearance.

Regards

1) The job for which I have an offer letter was previously held by an expat, in this case is it faster to receive the clearance and if so then approx how much time can it take.

It might be a relief to the employer as they have the availability of visa clearance, however, your documents must have to be submitted for screening to ensure that you're fit for the job position, they're hiring for. If your employer is a reputable company, the process goes even easier.

2) Till the time I receive my labour clearance is there any way my employer can call me and work in Muscat so as to to utilize the time taken for obtaining clearance.

No, your employer can not call you if they're in a process for obtaining your work visa. They can only call you on Visit / Tourist visa if they haven't applied for the work permit. Please note that it is illegal to work on a visit visa as it results into deporting of the person with (may be) a lifetime Ban to enter Oman (or probably middle east). Be safe and don't rush for illegal actions.

"Till the time I receive my labour clearance is there any way my employer can call me and work in Muscat so as to to utilize the time taken for obtaining clearance."

Your employer may take the services of any manpower company and enter into agreement.

Hello Dollar Dreamz

Thanks for your reply. Can you elaborate a little bit on how he can take services of any manpower company.

Regards

He can hire you through some other Manpower company who has the Labor clearance (Visas). Your visa, insurance, salary etc will be taken care by that manpower company. It is very common here.