Coming to KL

Hi,
Looks like I will be moving with family to KL early in the new year, working in Cyberjaya.
I'd love some tips on where to live in KL, possible accommodation types and costs.

Desirable:
* house preferred over apartment
* minimum 140 sq m (1500 sq feet)
* 3 or 4 bedrooms
* swimming pool available or nearby (for kids to play, and I'm a competitive swimmer so would like a proper pool in which to train)
* maybe near international schools but this is not essential
* ideally, possible to walk places from there and not have to drive everywhere, especially avoid need for a 2nd car
* max 30 mins drive to work in Cyberjaya

Where would be suitable areas to start looking? What sort of price range for what I'm describing?  I've described the ideal but I won't have thousands of dollars to spend on rent each month so don't even know if this is possible to get. What if my budget is 6000 MYR per month, say?

On another subject, what school options exist for foreign kids?   International schools may be out of my budget, as I believe they are quite expensive.

Hi.
You may google house for rent at Puchong area where there are few housing estates to look into it with good environment, gated and guarded 24 hours security etc. Rental is definitely affordable for you. You can easily find a right house size as you wish. International school is not available there but they have good private school.
Good luck.

Cahyadi

Foreigner's children HAVE to attend either International or Private schools as they are not permitted to attend Government schools. Therefore the minimum per month, per child is about RM1700 plus lots of upfront fees for registration etc. etc.

You could look at Bukit Gita Bayu and Bluwater for housing with a communal pool. Look these places up on www.iproperty.com.my or similar to check out whether rent is within your budget when you take into account the money needed for schooling.  Avoiding a second car is virtually impossible, but taxis should not be a problem at RM15-25 for a short ride (i.e. much cheaper than car rental and definitely much cheaper than car purchase + insurance + maintenance + fuel).

Thanks for the replies. Will follow up those suggestions.

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum.]