Air Asia QZ8501 disappears

flight QZ8501 has disappeared, no explanation , but possible cause was bad weather the flight was bound for Singapore from Surabaya , please pray for a safe end to this mystery, please check you news sources for more info

Flight Stats tracker

CNN 'News' item

The flight, QZ8501 using a Airbus A320-200, was on its way from Surabaya, Indonesia to Singapore.

PAX include 157 from Indonesia, 3 South Koreans, 1 Malaysian and 1 Singaporean.

Scheduled Departure: Sun 2014-Dec-28 @ 5:20 AM;  Scheduled Arrival: Sun 2014-Dec-28 @ 8:30 AM.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/dam/assets/141227233130-nr-hancocks-missing-airasia-plane-11p-00002509-story-top.jpg
(Graphic: CNN)

Indeed- doesn't look good!

Ralphtennis wrote:

Indeed- doesn't look good!

The more time that passes before the flight is found, the less hope there is.
Given the height it was at, and the lack of a distress call, there has to be a very high chance it suffered catastrophic damage in the air.
There are reports of terrible thunderstorms in the area, and the pilot requesting a course change.
As a note, there has just been a bust in Indonesia of extremists trying to get to Syria via Malaysia.
This adds a possibility; one I hope is wrong.

I hope and pray for a good end...

Primadonna wrote:

I hope and pray for a good end...

So do I, but it's looking unlikely.
A lot of people are not going to have a happy new year.

Gulf-Times ‏@GulfTimes_QATAR  5m5 minutes ago
The #QZ8501 plane's speed had dropped to 353 knots, suggesting it was having trouble climbing: air traffic report

That should be closer to 450 knots, suggesting engine trouble.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B560zTBCQAEvmCX.jpg:large

Sick idiots are already on the game.
A photo is being posted in some forums where this missing flight is mentioned.
In fact, it's a volcano in Papua.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/BUREX8aFbMs/hqdefault.jpg

Passenger list

http://www.scmp.com/sites/default/files … nifest.pdf

Sad news,my thought is with the family of the passenger!
May ALLAH bless them with courage

Bidara sary wrote:

Why not give the families a general blessing?
Have a look at the passenger list,provided by Jaitch.
The names seem to sound like their from all regions.
There's names that appear to be Chinese,names sound like Italian,and European sounding names.

Where are those families blessing??

Respect multicultural/multiracial AND multireligion.
I'm sure in Taipei,which is where you live,there are all kinds of Gods.

The search has ended for the day due to darkness.

The nationalities on board flight QZ8501 has been revised again by AirAsia. It now stands at:

1 Singapore
1 Malaysia
1 France
3 South Korea
156 Indonesia

The aircraft had its last scheduled maintenance on 2014 November 16.

AirAsia has established an Emergency Call Centre that is available for family or friends of those who may have been on board the aircraft. The number is: +622129850801.

Jaitch wrote:

The search has ended for the day due to darkness.

The nationalities on board flight QZ8501 has been revised again by AirAsia. It now stands at:

1 Singapore
1 Malaysia
1 France
3 South Korea
156 Indonesia

The aircraft had its last scheduled maintenance on 2014 November 16.

AirAsia has established an Emergency Call Centre that is available for family or friends of those who may have been on board the aircraft. The number is: +622129850801.

MH370? again?-

Aliens????

jimbream wrote:
Bidara sary wrote:

There's names that appear to be Chinese,names sound like Italian,and European sounding names.

A prayer is offered according to the belief system of the person who says it, not who it's aimed at.
A Muslim might very well pray for a Christian's or Buddhist's safety, but do so to the Almighty Allah.
A Buddhist once prayed I return in the next life as a member of her family - hardly my belief system, but I accepted the idea as an extremely nice thought from them.

Understanding is the key, not assuming others do not understand, or are limiting their thoughts to a single group of the victims.

mas fred wrote:
jimbream wrote:
Bidara sary wrote:

A prayer is offered according to the belief system of the person who says it, not who it's aimed at.
A Muslim might very well pray for a Christian's or Buddhist's safety, but do so to the Almighty Allah.
A Buddhist once prayed I return in the next life as a member of her family - hardly my belief system, but I accepted the idea as an extremely nice thought from them.

Understanding is the key, not assuming others do not understand, or are limiting their thoughts to a single group of the victims.

Online,in the Interwebs,a word,a picture or even a prayer,is offered to everyone.
It's public domain.

Do you go into Christian Churches?
How about Buddhist temples?
And you pray there?
Buy religious motifs or give offerings?

"Understanding is the key"?
Oh,and after that,you wrote "Almighty Allah".
Shows your religious bias.

The Op states "May ALLAH bless them with courage". No mention of blessing of the missing,nor all the family members.

Why didn't she type -" a prayer for all the families of the missing"?

Hello Jimbream pleasure to meet you
I live with Buddhist here and we do our praying in our own believe and are happy

Coz I had never pray in any other believe so I did only based on my own faith for everyone in the whole world regardless of religions.As for now I did my part in praying for those unlucky passenger aboard and their family on ground.if what I stated above you seem not agree then just leave it
No offense and I have no bad intention whatsoever

Thank you

Bidara sary wrote:

I live with Buddhist here and we do our praying in our own believe and are happy

Coz I had never pray in any other believe so I did only based on my own faith for everyone in the whole world regardless of religions.As for now I did my part in praying for those unlucky passenger aboard and their family on ground.if what I stated above you seem not agree then just leave it

Thank you

The best part is "No offense and I have no bad intention whatsoever".
Accepted and accept.

However,I do not go into a temple,or a place of worship from another religion.
Not even just for photo shots or chit chat with religious members of that community.
That is a Sin.
I am glad to hear that you are more liberal than I. And you have found the middle road.

jimbream wrote:
Bidara sary wrote:

Thank you

The best part is "No offense and I have no bad intention whatsoever".
Accepted and accept.

However,I do not go into a temple,or a place of worship from another religion.
Not even just for photo shots or chit chat with religious members of that community.
That is a Sin.
I am glad to hear that you are more liberal than I. And you have found the middle road.

Most welcome
In this chaotic world an open mind is really needed.

jimbream wrote:

The Op states "May ALLAH bless them with courage". No mention of blessing of the missing,nor all the family members.

Why didn't she type -" a prayer for all the families of the missing"?

Given that the air disaster took place in Indonesia, a country that although not officially a Muslim nation boasts a population of over 88% who are of the Muslim faith, and the fact that 156 of the passengers were Indonesian it is quite likely that approximately 88% of those were also Muslims. At least the chances are pretty good.

Why, when it is a well established fact that we all pray according to our own religious beliefs, why then should you take such offense at the mention of Allah? Who do you pray to when you pray? Are you going to remove all reference to God in your prayers for others? Hardly likely!!! Either you're taking yourself or your own religious beliefs far too seriously and needlessly turning a simple prayer from another member for the victims of a horrible disaster into an issue here. On the internet we call that TROLLING.

Lighten up and accept the sentiment in which the thoughts were offered, not projecting your own personal biases onto it. I'm a Christian and I have no problem whatsoever using the name God in my prayers, or saying may God bless you even though I may be making those statements to individuals of other faiths, since without exception they understand. I think the real problem here is a thinly veiled sense of anti-Muslim sentiments rather than the choice of words that's got you so wound up. Just my perspective on your comments.

Cheers,
James       Expat-blog Experts Team

jimbream wrote:
Bidara sary wrote:

Who is disrespectful  now?

But we are getting off topic so lets go back on track.

Stick to this thought.
A Muslim offers prayer according to their beliefs, as a Christian, and every other faith does,
A prayer offered in the name of the their religion is a sincere offering of hope, as that person believes they're asking God to help these people.
PS - Allah is just the Arabic word for God, and many bibles in this country use Allah instead of God.
Different name, same God.
Take it in the way is was offered, an expression of hope these people are safe.

Edit, yes, I'm a Muslim, but that doesn't mean I have bias against anyone, or feel the need to hate or dislike people because they think in a different way.
Yes, I do visit churches from time to time, but more often Buddhist or Hindu temples.
Not to pray, just because I like the places and the calmness they always seem to have in the air.
Buddhist and Hindu clerics, much as I don't agree with their belief structure, tend to be really chilled dudes., and very welcoming to anyone.
I have to respect that, and love the attitude.

Basically, chill out.

Back to the topic.
The search will have resumed by now, but hope of finding survivors must be fading rapidly.
There is still some hope. so let's all offer a thought for these people.
These aircraft have life rafts so, if the pilots managed a fairly intact water landing, there's a reasonable chance many people could have survived.
One hopes so.

What I don't quite understand is the searching time.think of the aircraft only took an hour or so to reach the suspected area it went missing, but the team  work always come little too slow to reach the same place WHY ???
And far worse are the media which they likes to update the same news over and over again and made the news so dramatically,can't they just publish the exact situation what the searching Team discover,, the family and relatives are already in tormented state. May everything's ended good
So we can still put a smile and embrace the new year with hope

weather and aviation experts in Aus suggest that the plane had requested a plan change, to climb to 36000ft this may have caused the plane to climb faster than expected,due to wind speed, with a sudden increase of reduced pressure on the upper (lift ) area of the wing, putting the plane into a stall position at that altitude the air is extremely thin , as the plane was not in forward thrust but being pushed upward (which is shown by radar static speed reading ) it would have simply fallen out of the sky, May God have mercy on their souls.

Several news agency feeds are reporting that: debris found off Borneo has been confirmed to be from the AirAsia Flight QZ8501.  Unattributed Indonesian officials said 'that several swollen bodies of victims have been recovered'.

Located 10 kilometres from the point where communications ceased, objects with the appearance of a rear door along with an emergency slide were among ten to fifteen found in the Java Sea.

No live survivors have been reported found.

Has the insurance just disappeared, and could this mean the end of Air Asia?

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/j … -indonesia

The AirAsia plane that crashed off Indonesia was flying on an unauthorised schedule, the country's transport ministry said on Saturday, adding it had now frozen the airline's permission to fly the route....
...“It violated the route permit given, the schedule given, that's the problem,” he told AFP. “AirAsia's permit for the route has been frozen because it violated the route permit given.”

He said the permit would be frozen until investigations were completed.

A statement from transport ministry spokesman JA Barata said AirAsia was not permitted to fly the Surabaya-Singapore route on Sundays and had not asked to change its schedule.

It was unclear how the airliner had been able to fly without the necessary authorisation.

Insurance companies are not known for their forgiving attitude so, if there's a way out of paying up, I've ever confidence they'll be looking at it.
The bill is going to be very big, and I wonder if Air Asia can stand it in the event of a royal "get lost" from their insurers.

May their souls rest in peace and may the family and friends find the strength to deal with this tragedy.

Now the buck passing begins. The civil aviation authorities are saying essentially, "they have authorization to fly (that route), but not at that time, so it's not OUR responsibility." The insurers will surely use that statement by the government to say essentially, "AirAsia was in violation of aviation regulations (technical violation, yes) and it's not OUR reponsibility." Air Traffic Controllers will essentially say, "AirAsia flies out of here all the time, it's not OUR responsibility to know or question the authorization for any given flight."  AirAsia in turn will probably say something like, "It's an authorized airline, flying an authorized route so it's not OUR responsibility."  And so it will go until somebody tries to pin it all on the poor pilots who, of course, are no longer alive to defend themselves. Sad and disgusting how everybody will try and shirk what is THEIR responsibility.

Kind of reminds me of the end of the recorded message to Jim Phelps in the old "Mission Impossible" TV series..... "As always, should you or any of your I.M. Force be caught or killed, the Secretary will disavow any knowledge of your actions. This tape will self-destruct in five seconds. Good luck, Jim." Piiiiffffffffffffff

That may well happen, or at least be attempted.
I suspect and hope the new president will have something to say if that starts.
His record so far on corrupt/lazy/stupid officials is pretty good, kicking them out as soon as he finds them.

The flight recorders have been found so we should soon know why the flight was lost. No consolation to the victims of the crash or their families of course.

Respect and condolences.

I'm following General Moeldoko on twitter.
That gentleman is keeping us up to date on the recovery efforts.
When you see what they're doing, but goes unreported, you see what great efforts they're going to in order to recover everyone and everything from this flight.

I salute the rescue teams.